Can you even believe this? It's her name! She wrote it, pointed to it and said it, word by word. Amazing! She is a chatter box and loves to draw. Of course, we mostly just smile and say "good" and "yes". I am pretty sure she is tired, but is fighting sleep. She will have nothing to do with changing her clothes, so she will likely sleep in what she is wearing. We will deal with that tomorrow. She has gone potty twice and takes us by the hand when she needs to go. Even with the moments of sadness, she is very spunky!
We brought some little books that we had gotten for Ally in Guangzhou. They show a picture and the Chinese symbols and the "English" pronunciation. We showed her several and she would say the word and so would I. This made her laugh out loud on several occasions! I'm sure I sounded a little different than she was used to!



24 comments:
Oh my, God is so good. I'm so happy and relieved! What a blessing! It brought tears to my eyes to see this!!!!
What a powerful answer to prayer!!! We are so happy for all of you. Can't wait to meet Alaina.
Sue & Ralph
OK- this is my 2nd attempt- Mom called & said- " do they have Alaina yet?"
I read everything to her & she passed it on to E & Amy. We are all so happy & tear eyed.
Zane & Drew keep asking what time is it in China- Zane wanted to know how she is older than him & was just born! You should try to explain that!
We love you all- yesterday was not the same at Moms- 10 people were missing- it was way too quiet!
Love to you all,
Ta
Okay - I have to comment now. I feel like I was commenting too much, but I can't hold back any longer... She arrives in a Minnie Mouse jacket -- well, if that's not a sign that you have the right child - I don't know what is. Her smile is beautiful!!! They all four look like they are having so much fun together. I just can't believe how many smiles you've gotten already!!! God is good!!! Keep the pictures coming - we all love them! I wish all six of you a restful sleep tonight!
What an adorable pixie smile Alaina has! You are so blessed with your family. Thanks for writing (and I'll be sure to have my box of tissues ready next time I check your blog!!)
Deb M
I was dreaming of you meeting Alaina all night. The first thing I did when I got up this morning was read your blog. I am so happy for you. I can't help it, I will be checking all day to see if there are more pictures. Loved the video!
Congratulations!
Her spunkiness is shining through her photos.
Wishing sweet dreams for everyone and a happy day tomorrow.
She is beautiful!
what a blessing !
How awesome!
We are so excited for yall. We remember how strong Ally grieved and so it is nice to see that Alaina is beginning to bond well.
We love you,
The Millers
Lucy and family - I love being able to follow your story while you're in China! What a true blessing from God to have such a beautiful little girl that is adapting so well to her new family. You are all so blessed to have each other. She is precious! Thank you for sharing the pics! Jennifer Tennant (I teach with Randi and Stacy)
Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow!!! Such a beautiful beginning!
That smile of hers is magical and full of spunk. And the picture of your 4 girls says it all. I am so happy for your family.
We can't wait to meet her!
Sheryl & Linzi
Oh my goodness! Look at that sweet face and smile. I can see Alaina's spunk and know she will be just fine. I am so happy that you've already had this much progress in just a few hours. Your "FOUR" girls are beautiful. Enjoy getting to know your new daughter.
Linda Z.
Congrats guys!!! She looks great. Take care and thank you for keeping us all in the loop.
AMAZING!! I was having computer trouble this morning, and was not able to check in with you before church - and it was killing me! We are all systems go, and how great to see your entire family together! Alaina is beautiful - she fits right in with all of her sisters! I am so glad that things are going well - we will continue to pray that she bonds with all of you and that you have a great time in China together. What a blessing! We are beyond excited for you!!
I was so excited when I found a moment to check in. She is so beautiful. I will pray that her transition to her new forever family continues to go well! 4 girls...AMAZING!!!
shes beautiful
Why are you sleeping in when there is blogging to do? ha! ha! It's 5:30 a.m. your time so GET UP AND BLOG! This is no time for sleeping in! :) Popsicle has decided we need to celebrate Alaina and her birthday at a Chuck E. Cheese dinner. I think now that she sees all 4 girls together - she understands. She said she wants her to come to Sunday School with her and she will also teach her to play Fashion Polly's. WAKE UP AND BLOG!:)
She looks so happy to be with her new family! We hope the rest of your trip runs smoothly! Can't wait to see you when you get home!
Looks like you have the perfect addition to the family. So happy to see her smiling!
Congratulations on your daughter!
My name is Cathy and I'm with Hope For Children and came across your blog by the way of the Straight's.
We adopted our daughter, Camie in May 2007 from Kunming!
We are in the process of bringing home our son who's from Fujian.
Best wishes during your trip and God Bless.
All my best-
Cathy
http://lifewithmissmagoo.blogspot.com/
I am ready for another update.Hope all is well. She has a beautiful smile and hope she continues to bond well. Glad ally is sharing. I thought she would be jealous. love, Shelley
Hey Lucy,
Right now you are waking up to your first full day with Alaina! I hope today continues to be as smooth as yesterday.
I hate to bother you with small details, but I sent you an email w/ info on your Hawaii reservation. I just wanted to be sure you get it. If you can't access that email acct. let me know how I can get it to you before you go. Everything is in place, you just need to print this updated email to check in.
Now, back to that precious family of yours!!! Hugs to all!
Sheryl
Amen Randi :)....Lucy - I need an update girl! So how was her first night, is she still smiling, etc..well I think you get the picture! I wanted to tell you that I think Ally face is priceless in picture of all 4 girls..it is almost like she has an "I'm not so sure about you yet" look - too funny! How is Ally doing with Alaina? I hope you guys got some sleep.....BLOG SOON :)
Stacy
What a Beautiful Face. I am so excited for you all!
Post a Comment