It is 2:30 AM and I, Doug, am the only one awake. I am fine with that and I am so thankful that Ally and Lucy are getting the rest they need. After we got back from the park, it was bath time. I am guessing Lucy has pictures and will probably add to my post in the morning. I am not going to fumble around the room looking for the camera at this time. When we returned from the park, we had a little playtime and then Lucy got them ready for a bath. The scar looks great. I let them have their privacy as I was napping but Lucy had me get up and check them out before they got out of the water. I will be honest I did not even notice the scar. I did have to laugh because Alaina made Ally look like a contestant on the Biggest Loser. Alaina is SOOOO skinny.
Lucy also took a picture of the numerous clothes that Alaina had on and will probably post that as well. We had somewhat realized the number of clothes the bottom because of taking her potty, but on top she had an under shirt, shirt, light sweater, heavy sweater and a purple vest adorned with some bows and jewelry. She was very concerned as part of the snap on her purple furry vest came off yesterday while we were at the park. I think it is killing Sara and Lauren that she will not change her clothes. After bath, we had put up her other clothes and Lucy tried to get her to put on an outfit that matched Ally. She would shake her head no and squirm to avoid the clothing. So eventually, Lucy went and got her undershirt and one long sleeved t-shirt that was one of her layers. She wore this and a towel for a long time. Finally, Lucy decided to give in and let her put on one pair of her old leggings with her panties.
For dinner, Sara and I walked down to KFC. I asked at the desk where a Kentucky Fried Chicken was and they looked very confused. However, when I said KFC, they smiled and told us there was one very close. They told us to make two rights and we would see it. Well that was not exactly the case but we asked some people at a suit store and they pointed us in the right direction. When I got back with dinner, Lucy said Ally had literally fallen out of the chair asleep while watching Diego with Alaina. Lucy decided it would be best for her to go to bed with Ally at about 6PM, so she could be awake with her in the middle of the night. I guess it is working so far. Sara, Lauren, Alaina and I had fried chicken and mashed potatoes and some type of a sweet custard quiche that was not too bad. Lauren immediately went to sleep after dinner and Sara played so nicely with Alaina. I went out again and bought some milk because Alaina is used to milk at night and in the morning. Alaina played with the Nintendo DS, drank her milk, brushed her teeth and went to bed without a whimper.
Finally, I wanted to say something about Lucy. She definitely has the gift of motherhood. She may not be the best cook or keep the cleanest house, but she is absolutely the “best mom”. I watched her during the first time meeting Alaina. She would stroke Alaina’s arm or her back and offer reassurance to this scared little girl. Yesterday while we were waiting at the police station for the passport stuff, Lucy and Alaina began playing a little game. Alaina would get right behind Lucy and Lucy would quickly turn around to see her. One time Lucy just bent all the way over and looked at Alaina through her legs. Alaina thought that was hilarious. They are definitely developing that love and trust already.



6 comments:
Wow! (I know...it seems like that is all I can say every time I post!) I am simply amazed at how much smoother the transition seems to be with Alaina. I would have thought an older child would be more difficult. I am so thankful that God has blessed all of you. I know He will continue to work in the lives of each of you as you grow as a forever family.
Doug, you brought tears to my eyes reading how much you love Lucy and her gift of motherhood. It is easy to see how and why this all works for your family. God is truly in your midst.
Keep the updates coming!
Love,
Ilene
Hey guys! Its Brit! I'm so happy for you guys! Thank God everything is going well over there! Keep up the posting and all the good (no, it's AWESOME) progress y'all are having with Alaina! Can't wait til y'all get back, but most of all...THE DISNEY CRUISE!!!! Love you guys all! <3 Brit :)
Glad to hear that the bath went "ok"! WOW at all the clothes she had on.
Doug - that was so sweet what you wrote about Lucy. You both are amazing parents to all 4 of these girls :).
Oh and GREAT posts guys! Keep them coming :)
Stacy
That is precious!
Lucy,
You are the best Mom! And Doug you are a pretty awesome Dad yourself. We are so blessed reading your blog and feel like we are there with ya'll. Can't wait to spend some time with you soon!
We just got back in town and I have been catching up on what is going on - laughing and crying at the same time. She is so cute and seems really happy - Lucy, how did you get a math whiz? That is appropriate.
Ted and I went to Fl for a few days of rest and relaxation - wait till you see him - the trip did not go as planned.
Kiss the 4 nieces! We miss ya'll. i am just so glad it has gone so well for ya'll.
Post a Comment