It is now about 3:00 AM. Lucy and the girls are all sleeping. We had good flights and everyone did AWESOME!!! (except for Lucy). She did not get much sleep at all. We did not arrive until about midnight in Kunming. We saw the sign for our guide before we got our luggage so that was comforting. It took forever to get our luggage and then we had about a 15 minute ride to our Hotel. We are staying at the Grand Park Hotel and it seems very nice. We have adjoining rooms and they had a pack and play set up in one room already for us.
A couple of days ago, our guide Susan, met Alaina It sounds like she understands that she is going to be adopted and is excited about her new family. This is a huge answer to prayer. Her hair must be pretty short because our guide thought she was a boy. We leave tomorrow at 2:00 PM to get her from the Civil Affairs Office. So hopefully we will get to sleep in and finish unpacking. We will post pictures as soon as possible.
How exciting I can view our blog here. Last time we would just have to post and hope the pictures etc. loaded.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Oh my gosh! It seems like it has taken days and days to get over there - I can imagine how you guys feel. I'm so very excited that you're FINALLY there! In less than a day, you'll have her in your arms to hug and kiss. I'm so thankful that she knows she's being adopted - we've prayed so hard for this. We can't wait to see the first family pictures of the Harkness family of six! Glad you like your hotel - we're so EXCITED YOU'RE FINALLY THERE! Get some rest, Lucy!!!! When I logged on earlier today - the password to key in was BLESSED! How awesome is that! We can now leave our house -we didn't want to go anywhere until we heard from you. We're crazy!!! Love - Hill's
So glad to hear you guys had good flights. Can't wait to see Gotcha pics soon!!
Wonderful. Hope you can get some rest now. Can't wait for the pictures.
RJ
So glad to hear you've arrived at your destination. Can't wait to hear & see the pics of your introduction to Alaina! Hope Lucy can catch up on a few zzzz's before the big moment.
Harknesses- It's Em and Nate in sunny North Carolina. We are so glad you're finally there and everything will be on schedule. We've let Mema's group know where you are. Love ya'll!
Yeah.....I am so glad that you guys are there! I am so glad to hear that the girls did great on the flight :) I bet you guys were so glad to hear that Alaina knows you are coming - what an answered prayer! Keep the post coming and hopefully the next post will be "Gotcha Day Post" :).
Lucy - get some sleep girl :)
Stacy
Yay!!! I am so glad you made it to Kunming and everyone is doing well. I hope Lucy is able to finally get some rest before meeting Alaina. Oh My Gosh! You are meeting her in less than 24 hours - or is it less than 12 hours your time?!!! I am just so happy the time is finally here AND to hear that she knows and is excited about her family coming. I know how hard you have prayed for this and God is so good to answer! I am in tears just thinking about it. ;-) I will probably be up all night checking on you guys! Post when you can - or get S or L to do it.
Much Love,
Sheryl & Linzi
Hey! We are so glad you have FINALLY arrived safely! What a trip! I've been checking your blog to see if you'd made it. So happy you have! We can't wait to see how it goes tomorrow! I hope you can get some great rest and that you all wake up feeling refreshed before you meet your new daughter!
Love,
The Burkes
We are so excited for you all and cannot wait to hear all about the first meeting and see pictures!!!
congrats!!! be safe...
The Wrights!
I'm so excited for y'all and cannot wait to see pics of your new party of six! Praying for a smooth meeting for you too.
Hugs,
Deb from snowy Montana!
Post a Comment