After two extremely stressful days of going back and forth with all this, we have flights booked! Also, our 800 approval/final 797 came today in Fed Ex. ALSO, our passports with our China Visas came today!!! Another piece of good news (well, maybe not for Alaina) is that she only has to get 3 shots and take one pill at the clinic in Guangzhou. They are assuring us that this will not delay our return.
We still have to pull our final paperwork together and make sure all of our documents are in one place.
We are, for the most part, packed. Just a few more things to go. We aren't even trying to go Carry On Only this time, but we are packing smart. Right now, we have 4 suitcases and may go to 5, but one is totally full of clothes to donate to Alaina's orphanage. Our reasoning is that we won't need to purchase another one for any shopping we may do!
Our friends, the Straights, are on their way home right now. One week from today, it will be our turn to fly around the clock (and the world!)! It's all feeling pretty real now...
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Wow ~
CHINA....here you come! Hawaii - I am sooo jealous! How cool is that. Good luck and you know I will be praying for you guys (remember to BLOG LOTS with LOTS of pictures)! ;)
Stacy
I am so excited for y'all! It's great that everything is falling into place! Can't wait to "follow" you on your journey!
What???????? I miss a day and WOW you are on your way!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!
Oh, I'm so excited for you to travel so soon! I really hope the weather holds out so you have safe travels.
I'll definitely be following your journey -- can't wait!
Congrats!! I can't wait to follow you back. I am just thrilled you get her in 2008!
Post a Comment