Saturday, December 13, 2008

Who is this little girl in our house?

Her new name could be "Miss Demanding".

Here are a few quotes from just this morning! (And the tone definitely qualifies as demanding)!

"I want water" "I want hot sauce (or maybe she said STUFF)" "I don't like this" "I want more egg" "I want my vitamin"

EVERY single time that Ally (yes, it's Ally, not S or L!!) does this I make her restate her "request". At least she knows HOW to rephrase it. We are teaching her to say, "May I please have more water?" and it comes out "May, I pease, more water?" But the problem is that I have to REMIND her EVERY time to ask nicely! I know, I know, it will come in time!

S and L have 2 favorite TV shows right now: "What Not to Wear" and "Jon and Kate Plus 8" (they also like "Biggest Loser"). I'm OK with both of these, but they are getting old with me. Kate did say something that I have believed for years! She said, "Three is the new two!" The "3's" were much more "challenging" with our independent 3 year olds! Ally JUST now hollered (how is that for a nice southern verb) to me "I want muffin" with a big smile on her face! AARGH!!!

CHRISTMAS TRADITION: We love to send and get photo Christmas cards from friends. I stole this idea from my friend Sharon (Ella Kate's mommy). We have a little tree in the kitchen that we tie our photo cards to as they come in the mail! It is so fun to add to it each day we get a new card! Since it is next to our kitchen table, the tree is a reminder to pray for friends as we eat our dinner each night! After Christmas I keep the photo cards and messages in a ziplock so I can look at them in future years and see how much everyone has grown (at least the kids!!!).

3 comments:

Margaret M said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. As I went through my day and talked to friends, I realized alot of what you said. We had just finished the week before where Lily had lots of Mommy time and focus as she was in the Nutcracker and we did alot together. She was craving that time again. Thanks again for the sweet words of encouragement. I read your post about SCC and Maria. It really made me think!Thanks!

Beth and Ryan said...

very cute idea with the tree and cards. and we know "demanding" too...i am chalking it up to the whole girl thing and age but man it is hard to mold!

Stacy said...

AMEN...Kate! I totally agree that the old two's are now the 3's...OH MY! M was so good and then literally a couple of days after she turned 3 - Kyle and I were dumb-founded! How could she change so fast on us (oh wait - she turned THREE) ;)

Loved caughting up with you on Sat. :)