Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Happy New Year!
We heard a few fireworks at midnight, but not too many. The lights around the hotel were beautiful outside and there was a wedding here last night. We just ate in the hotel at a Japanese style restaurant. Ally and Alaina watched part of "Monster's Inc" in Chinese! It keeps Ally's attention pretty well! Funny! We certainly didn't have any intentions of staying up till midnight, so we went to bed around 9. Doug fell asleep first, then S and L. That left me with A and A to get to bed. We put Alaina on cushions between S and L's bed, and Ally has given up on the pack and play and has decided that there is plenty of room in our king size bed for her. Alaina was a little sad last night and didn't want to take her purple vest off or lay down. So, she finally fell asleep in it! Ally then wanted some milk and fell asleep. Last night was the first time that Ally slept ALL night (from 9'ish to 6:30); I think that the nap helped her get a little back on schedule. Ally was really sad yesterday and we think that she has had enough of hotel life. We asked if she missed being at home, and she said no; but when we asked if she missed Dash, she started crying hard. Now, in reality, I doubt it has nothing to do with the dog that annoys her and jumps on her! We calmed her down by telling her that she could pick out a toy for Dash and Snoopie the next time we go to Walmart. She wants to get him a yellow ball!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Happy New Year, Harkness family! I'm so pleased that 2009 begins with happiness and a beautiful new daughter for you. Give Alaina a hug for me - I can't imagine what's going on in her little head. I know she's in such a better,loving situation now, but it's so sad that she's leaving all that is familiar to her. I know the incredible love you have in your family will create a wonderful new life for her!
P.S. I'm having "Disney Movie Envy"! It doesn't sound like any of their movies "go into the vault" in China! :)
Linda Z.
Happy New Year! I am so glad that you are having a great experience. It sure sounds like Alaina is getting adjusted to her family - now if she would get comfortable enough to try new clothes (although I think that I would wear the purple vest daily too)! Poor baby - this has to be so scary for her, I am just glad that she seems to be handling everything so well. You all continue to be in our hearts and prayers!
Darcy
p.s. Sounds like Doug is ready to go back for a son???
Happy New Year! Thought about you guys this evening and wondered what New Year's would be like in China. When do you guys head to Guangzhou?
Happy New Year to you guys too! It is 8:35 pm here on New Year's Eve and we decided to stay at home this year with the kids instead of going out with friends. It has been fun - we played the Wii for the first time (Kyle and I got it for x-mas) with the kids and everyone had a great time. Anyways, I am glad that everyone is still doing good - you are going to have to wash that purple jacket at night time when she is asleep :) b/c it sounds like she is not giving it up during the day (and some nights)! So sweet that Ally misses home (and the dogs) :). Take care and one week into the trip - not much longer before you guys come home! :)
I asked Morgan if she wanted to take swim lessons again this summer and she said, "yes, with Kendall and that other little girl - you know mommy the one with the goggles" :)
Stacy
Happy New Year! We just got back from dinner at Dominick's and walking around downtown L'ville. Katie had fun, and Ellie stayed up the whole time! We love checking in on you at least twice a day! When do you head home?
Hope the rest of your trip keeps going smoothly!
I'm so sorry you're having sad moments. I remember having to be in a hotel for two weeks when we got Popsicle. I just wanted to be home so I understand what Ally's feeling. I can't even begin to imagine what Alaina is feeling, but I do know this - you guys will make everything okay! All four girls are so lucky to have each other. It's really cold here - 28 degrees according to the TV right now. Hope it's warmer there. That's amazing about the movies over there - holy cow, batman! As I sit here watching Ryan Secret on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve Show - I have to wonder if you can see it over there - especially since you've already experienced it. I can't quite fathom your time change. Popsicle asked today when she gets to play with Ally and Alaina? She asks to watching the jumping on the bed movie every hour. We've been a little sickly around here lately so we've probably watched it at least 100 times - no lie.... We love y'all - tell S and L that they are awesome big sisters! Thanks for posting, as always!
Post a Comment