Despite the fact that we have been told by numerous sources that a package will not be delivered to Alaina in China until the morning we get her (or not at all), I have to try. So, today I packed up a little photo album for her with pics of her new family and home, a blanket, a little bear, squishy heart, and some candy in a little lunch box tin. I just hope it will get to her foster family and that they can show her the photo album and explain to her who these people are (we put the Chinese translation on each picture). I have to hope for that.
As we approach this Christmas season, I'm just a little sad; but mostly, getting excited because I know our day to meet our little girl is drawing near. We talk about her daily as if we know her. We tell Ally that she will have a new big sister soon. We just hope that Alaina is being told that she will have a new family soon. It just breaks my heart that she might be told nothing and just given to us without ANY preparation.
So, as we get ready to go to church tonight for a "singing service", I'm thinking of little XuHui (Alaina) who is likely asleep now in China. Next year, she too will be going to church to sing about baby Jesus! Isn't that a little miracle in itself? Actually, that is a HUGE miracle...
As this package is shipped tomorrow, my prayer is that it will make it to her and that the orphanage director will see that it will be worthwhile to let her foster family know that her new family is coming soon (we don't even know if the FF knows we are coming...).
CHRISTMAS TRADITION: One of our very favorite movies is "Elf" and we watch it each Christmas Eve in the basement playroom. The girls string popcorn and make paper chains (don't you remember making those?) to decorate our "real" tree that we get on Christmas Eve (sometimes, Daddy even gets it for free!). Mema is usually there and sometimes Grandma! We sit in the big FOOF (as Buddy the Elf would say, "they're gi-normus"!) chairs and will only answer the phone if it's SANTA calling the girls from his sleigh! Yes, we get a personal phone call from the big-guy! (So, in this post, I have given you about 4 or so traditions!)
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Good for you for going ahead and shipping!
Our boxes make it in under two weeks. I don't see that you have a TA yet, so your SWI should certainly receive it.
Hope that they will forward it on to her foster family.
Does your SWI have a yahoo group? They will know more.
Do you know to put low ($15-20) value on it so whoever picks it up doesn't have to pay extra to pick it up?
Best wishes for it not only getting to her but also that they will take pictures of her with the items.
Fingers crossed and happy thoughts!
I am praying that package makes it there and little Alaina gets it!!! I am also praying you all get to travel soon! Can I be rude and thank you here for the sweet gift you brought us Saturday night. The fruit is delicious and we appreciate you all making the great effort to drive out and see us!!! It was so great to all be together again. Blessings to you and your family and COME ON TA!!!
Shay
Praying that package make it to sweet Alaina!!! Just wanted to thank you all for the bag of fruit you brought us Saturday night! It was delicious!!! We loved having you all here- thanks for making the long drive out- it was so great to all be together again!!!
Blessings,
Shay
Oh Lucy I only hope that they are trying to prepare sweet Alaina for your arrival! I am keeping my fingers crossed that your package will make it on time :)
Hello,
I found your blog through Feedjit and the geoblogosphere. We adopted two children from China also. A girl in Feb 2001 and a boy in Jan 2003. So I know how it is during the Christmas holidays when you are waiting and praying for them. I hope she is safe and everthing goes well on forever family day!
My blog is about our son from China.
Post a Comment