This is a post from DAD. I have been the one in charge of travel plans and it has been crazy. Evidently the flights are very full and we had a very difficult time finding a flight out of Atlanta. We have been so lucky to have been referred Mandy Hu by the Straights. She has been amazing. You always like to feel like you are getting a good deal when you do these things and no one came close to her prices. (even though they were quite a bit higher due to the holidays) She ended up getting us on a Delta direct flight to Shanghai on Christmas Day and then having to fly us home on NWA. She was having a real difficult time getting us out of China on January 9th. She tried numerous options, going through Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Seol Korea before flying us to Tokyo and then on to Hawaii. She asked me if we wanted to spend the night in Hawaii. I originally said no thinking that we would just want to get home. I mentioned it to Lucy and she said "Are you crazy?" So we quickly amended that request to add a one night lay over in Honolulu. So we actually leave Friday morning from Guangzhou and arrive at 7:35 AM in Honolulu. I think we get there earlier than when we leave. So we will have the entire day Friday and all day Saturday in Hawaii before flying out at 10:45 PM to San Francisco. I wonder what Alaina will think. "I've hit the jackpot, I am going to live in paradise" Then the cold hard reality of Atlanta will hit her in a few days.
Mandy has already changed our flight from Shanghai to Kunming for us 3 times and gotten us a hotel and then cancelled it. She has been amazing and if you need someone to arrange your travel, please give her a chance to give you a quote. Here is her website: http://www.asia-usa.net/
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Very exciting!!! I think the idea of leaving the province before you have her passport is a good one. We actually did that with Grier---not as part of the plan, but because our guide in Nanning was so incompetent! She ended up 'sending" it with another family going to the White Swan a day later (not a family she was guiding, or from our agency, so there was definitely a risk there!) But we had Grier, so that was good. Needless to say, HFC no longer employs her as a guide!! Jean
Who Hoo!!! That is great news!!! What a wonderful Christmas present! We are so happy for you all and can't wait to watch you go get that little precious Alaina!!! Scott and I wondered what agency you are with now...
Blessings,
Shay
The ATL to Shanghai flight is the BEST! Great for you! What an amazing Christmas gift :)
I love Kunming SO MUCH and wish that I could be spending my holiday in the "City of Eternal Spring".
Can't wait to follow along!
Congratulations! How exciting! I really can't wait to watch as your family welcomes its sixth member - AMAZING!
OMG....OMG...OMG.... :)
Happy to hear Mandy hooked you up. Wow Hawaii?!!
Post a Comment