What do all of these have in common? I'll bet those of you who have travelled to China and returned can guess! These are all things we (Alaina, Ally and Mommy) were doing at 3:30 AM. The little girls were up and running. They were hungry, so I made them some grits and before I knew it they were both clunking aroung the wood floors (back and forth from the kitchen to their bedrooms) in the dress up shoes, pushing toy strollers with babies in them. This woke up Sara, but Daddy and Lauren continue to sleep. Sara is staying home from school today, but Lauren wants to go. Doug is going to work for a few hours
I can't believe how well Alaina has "come home" - it really is like she knew this was it - no more travelling, and we are here to stay. I think she approves - as she walked around looking in each room last night, she always returned with a smile. I didn't take a single picture yesterday, but I'm thankful to my friend Randi who is ALWAYS there with her camera! I'll post some once I get them from her! She even took a picture of our laundry piles!
I have so much that I need/want to say, but my brain is nothing more than mush right now, so I'll wait.
Dorothy said it best - "No place like home!" I know Ally is beyond happy to be home - probably more than any of us. This trip was the hardest on her, for she too had a lot to deal with in her own little 3 year old mind.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Alaina will get your clothes all organized! She was too funny yesterday - running around and chattering. It is truly amazing how well she is doing. Cute as can be!!
Glad you are home.
Aunt Amy
Welcome home Harkness family. No place like USA!!! :)
Debbie T
A big WELCOME HOME Harkness family. Waiting for more pictures!!
Poor Lucy...Randi said that you were tired (I can't imagine)! I am so glad that Alaina is doing well and best of all - I got to see LOTS of pictures from last night. Randi called me and told me all about it and I made sure that she brought her camera today so I could see :).
Good luck with the next couple of days....Stacy
Welcome home! Let us know when you're settled in a bit. We'd love to stop by and meet Alaina and say hi to the rest of the family!
Glad everyone is home safe and everyone is happy!
So glad you are home safe and sound. There is no place like home especially after a long trip to China. So glad Alaina is doing well and what is not to love about your beautiful house. Can you believe you have her home?? Five girls under one roof-Doug is the man of the year!!!
Can't wait to see you,maybe we could meet this Spring??? Or how about now, as I am over this snow stuff!!
Love ya'll!
What a wonderful journey! Congratulations on all your faith, perseverance and love that has brought this little girl home. I wish the very best for your family and know that you are so proud of your FOUR girls. I think they're pretty terrific! Thank you for sharing this experience with the rest of us. Looking forward to meeting Alaina!
Linda Z.
Welcome home Alaina! I'm so glad you all had a good trip & are home to get settled in.
Take care,
Deb M. in MT
Post a Comment