Saturday, January 3, 2009

Yuntai Botanical Garden and Clothing 360 Degree Turnaround











Today we met the rest of our group at the lobby of the White Swan at 9:30 AM. We got on a bus and drove about 40 minutes to the Botanical Garden. Our guide told us to meet back at the entrance at 11:45 to leave. So we just walked around on our own occassionally talking with some of the other families. It was a beautiful place with lots of flowers and plants. Randi, they had a huge Mickey Mouse clock made out of plants and shrubs.

For lunch we ate at a restaurant right outside of the botanical gardens. Our guide ordered for us and the food was very good. We had two noodle dishes, sweet and sour pork, fried rice, pepper steak, eggplant and green beans and egg rolls. Our guide kind of laughed and said we were having American Chinese. She did say that the two noodle dishes were specialty dishes that most of the Chinese come there for. Everyone enjoyed the lunch, except Ally just ate brocolli (Miss Sheryl, that pic is for you!) We got back to the hotel at about 1:00 and Ally was about asleep. She took a nap and the girls played with Alaina in their room. Tomorrow we go for Alaina's visa picture and shots. Hopefully she will be brave and not cry too much.

Alaina wore pj's last night and this morning we actually got her to go out in all new clothes. NO PURPLE VEST!!! We bought some traditional Chinese dresses today for Sara, Lauren, Ally and Alaina. Sara and Lauren tried theirs on back at the hotel and Alaina was right there in hers. She has taken a liking to all of her new clothes. She has been organizing and folding them in her drawer all day. Well after shopping today she kind of ran out of room so we moved Ally out of the bottom drawer and into the bottom of the tv cabinet. So Alaina took everything out and reorganized both drawers. Stacy, I think we got your child.

After nap time we went over to the White Swan play room and let the girls play with some of the other kids. For dinner we ordered Papa John's Pizza. It was just as good as home. I can't even count how many times S and L said "Mmmmm" or "this is SO good!" We are about to get ready for bed. Lucy has to go do paperwork tomorrow afternoon so we will have a pretty busy day.

Not that this is an after-thought, but Alaina did come right up to me and say "Mommy"! YEAH! She knows "Ally, mei-mei (little sister)" too.

10 comments:

Stacy said...

HOW WONDERFUL Lucy! I know those words mean the world to you right now during this transition for Alaina. I am still impressed that I don't see pictures with the "purple vest" :). I LOVE the matching bookbags - very cute!

Ok - now Alaina is MY KIND A GIRL :). Don't worry Lucy it sounds like she will have your house organized in no time :)! I am following another lady that is staying at the Victory Hotel with you guys I believe she is adopting a little boy named Cole. She is with her sister who has adopted several children from China (two with club feet) and I have followed the sisters blog for a long time so it was neat to think they are there with you guys!

Anyways, good luck with the shots and thanks for all the great posts and pictures.

Stacy

Renate said...

Beautyful girls in a very beautyful garden. It looks like spring.

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

Oh my gosh - so many wonderful things in this blog - y'all are just moving through so many milestones so fast. "Mommy" - holy cow. Lucy - you know she's never gotten to say that to anyone probably before and God picked you for her to say it too. I'm so excited. I love all the pics - okay - we'll definitely go back with you for me to see the Mickey Mouse clock.

All six of you look like you're having a blast! I love how Alaina is holding L's hand in the one picture of all four of you and then the one of A and A holding each others hands. God is so good! When we got to work yesterday, we all couldn't stop talking about you guys and how happy we are that things are going so well. We're all completely addicted to your posts. We'll be hoping that the paperwork and shots go well and that the purple vest doesn't get put back on. You have four beautiful and precious daughters!

Anonymous said...

Lucy, you must have had a meltdown when Alaina said mommy! That is great and she is a quick learner. The background on the pictures is so pretty. Happy Birthday tomorrow.
Debbie T

Moosevine said...

The last couple days have just been amazing for you guys! Alaina is really understanding that you are all a family now. Lucy, just reading about her calling you mommy made my heart flutter & gave me goosebumps. Love the picture of A & A holding hands with their yellow backpacks. I can't imagine how many "firsts" Alaina's experienced in the last week, but she's a little trooper and is just taking it all in stride!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Another beautiful day! The garden looks like spring. Favorite photo is all four looking through at you. Precious. Best wishes for no shots, or at least less than you expect, and for it to be over quickly. Their "swimming" is too cute!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

What beautiful pictures. Lucy, Happy Birthday (early for us, not for you)!!!!! This seems to be your most blessed birthday ever (in my opinion). Have a Hagan Das on me!

Beth and Ryan said...

Beautiful pictures of your four girls!

sheryl said...

Lucy,
I am just getting caught up on all your posts for the last few days. We just got back in town and I ran straight for the laptop to check in.

I am amazed and so happy to hear how well Alaina is doing! Mommy! I can't even imagine how that made your heart swell to hear her say it. It looks like S, L & A are having the time of their lives. And I am so happy to see that Ally is eating well! LOL I miss her so much - and so does Linzi! Give her hugs for us.

Sheryl

The Millers said...

Seeing the pictures of all 4 of your beautiful girls together made me cry. What a blessing-they fit perfectly together. Alaina is doing so well-every milestone is such an encouragement to us. We will practice saying her name-love how she is the little teacher. Come on,Doug, get with the program!!

We laughed when we read about Papa John's pizza... we just sat back and sighed with enjoyment when we had our first one. They got many orders from us since we were there for so long! Doug-knew you would like the Victory breakfasts!! Hugs to everyone.