Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Notes from Alaina's Teachers

As I mentioned in my earlier post today, Alaina's teachers are good friends of mine since S and L also attended this elementary school. So, her teachers gave me several updates throughout the day:

(this was an email to Doug - apparently he emailed the teacher to see how I did!)Alaina is smiling, laughing, and hanging onto Kathy's leg! And yes...the spies have come by...they agree that Alaina is doing fine...now Lucy...she did great this morning...Kathy has already called her to give an update. If Alaina starts to act tired or overwhelmed during the day we will give you a call...we can take baby steps if we need to!

I checked on Alaina at 9:15 AM and she was doing great! She was playing with Kathy using the mimo projector and having a grand time...smiling, giggling, and hugging on Kathy! She is so tiny and pretty... Kathy said she was going to send you some pictures as well. (Suzanne -- S and L's 4th grade teacher)

Kathy has more pictures to send you....she made it through lunch with no
problem...we had early lunch today. We are doing 100 day centers after
lunch and then watching 101 Dalmations...I bet she will sleep through the
movie!

This is a really caring group of kids...they already love her and are
taking special care of her...bet she will be telling you lots of stories
tonite....just smile because I am sure they will be happy stories.

She is doing great! We had early lunch, we just did her birthday, and now we are doing 100 day centers! She has danced, sang, and exercised. She is a cutie! Take care!

By lunch she was talking...figured out when she said she needed to go to
the bathroom...after nap she folded towel and put it and pillow in things
to go home...Kathy tried to make her understand to leave it but she
rattled off a minute of sentences so Kathy just gave up...it was pretty
funny.

3 comments:

bugs parents said...

What great notes! I was laughing at her putting her things away neatly and them rambling full sentences to them in Chinese! She is too cute! Glad to hear things are going well. Hopefully her next day will be just as easy.

The Tennant's said...

Lucy - it sounds like her first day was wonderful! She is so brave! The pictures are precious - hope today goes as well as yesterday!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Alaina's first day of school went so smoothly. Although, with Kathy Adams at her side, I am not the least bit surprised! I hope and pray the next few days of school go as well. She is such a trooper! Keep the posts and pictures coming! We love 'em!