As we mentioned last night, we have quite a little organizer on our hands. I feel sure we will either offer her a great challenge when we get home or we will totally stress her out!
Today is "shot day" for Alaina. She is the only one in our group that will get any, because we are the only "Hague" family here. These are the new rules that the US is putting into place for international adoptions. We had several more "hoops" and lots more paperwork to do for this (the 800A, 800, 864W), but it will eventually apply to all international adoptions. We are one of the very first families to fall under these new rules. At least they did say she could get them ALL 3 done today. Get them over with is a good thing, in my opinion! Not sure Alaina will initially agree!
A and A have been sleeping on blankets on the floor. They have both been sleeping fairly well, but still waking early (but not at 3:30!). We really like the Victory - the lobby (in our part) is modest, but the rooms are so nice - soft beds, lots of space, nice bathrooms. The b'fast is nice too (of course that is Daddy's #1 concern!), but not as fancy and extensive as the White Swan. But for about $50 / room per night, it's definitely a better choice for us. Many of the families in our group have "big" families, but we are the only ones that brought our "big kids" (thus we are the only family needing 2 rooms). We could have all slept in one room here, but it's against the "rules" and it is nice to have the space...



6 comments:
Wow - I can't believe how she is such an organizer - Stacy will be so proud. Maybe she can teach you and I some things, Lucy! :) Glad you like the hotel and are comfy. I'm so thankful that she can get all three shots at once and you guys not be delayed over there longer. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I just send you an e-card via email, but it bounced back - not sure why. I don't think Doug can top this birthday - a trip to China, a brand new daughter, and 24 hours in Hawaii ---just priceless. This b-day will be a tough present to beat, Mr. Doug! So glad to hear all is well - we'll pray the shots are fast and non-hurting.....
Happy Birthday Lucy.Mom says so too!She wanted me to let you know the girls have the 4 boys next year for christmas and you and doug have sue and todd in case you wanted to buy them something from china.Alaina sure seems like a wonderful girl and maybe she will help be a good house keeper. Love all of the pictures you post.Glad ally is doing well.Sara I can not believe you went across that lake up in the air!Lauren keep up the good work in bargining for things you want. You go girl!I miss talking to you all on the phone! Can not wait till you are home!Love, Shelley
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY! :) I know that you will never forget this special day! Ok...I think Alaina might be alittle more OCD than I am :) - a girl after my own heart! I am praying the shots are quick and she is ok afterwards. I have heard that the beds are very hard so I bet it is nice to have soft beds. The breakfast buffet is another thing I have heard everyone really likes. Glad you guys are still doing good. I hope you guys take lots of pictures in Hawaii (that way I can at least feel like I have been there before - through pictures at least)! :)
Have fun - Stacy
Hey guys! I'm so excited to hear about the amazing transition that y'all are having! I love that she wears the purple vest with everything! She definitely has her own style! Love it! Thanks for keeping us updated! God is so good!!!!
PS - don't you love that every sentence has an exclamation mark????
Birthday? Happy Birthday Lucy! I am sure this is one of the most special ever.
Wow! She is a good organizer AND folder! I think she will welcome the challenge and have all of you perfectly organized in no time. ;-)
I forgot to mention in the last post how much I love the photos of all the girls in the park. They all look so happy and beautiful!
I hope the shots go well today.
Hugs,
Sheryl
Gee Lucy, what ARE you gonna do for your B'day? Usually by this time in life, they are just another day - not so for you. Maybe after Alaina gets your stuff organized, she can come spend the weekend with me!
Kiss them all for me. I love you all.
Post a Comment