That would be me, Lucy, this morning, the whisperer ... A and A are up and running. I don't even know what time it is. Because Ally went to sleep so early, she is up early too! They followed me into the bathroom and climbed into the tub (in PJs) while I brushed my teeth.
Sara was just having a little conversation about China with Ally. We have wondered if being here and hearing the language and smelling the smells of China, would have affected her. We have noticed nothing different. Sara just asked her, "Ally, do you remember when you spoke Chinese?" Ally's reply was so cute, she said, "Yes, Sara, I do" (her exact words) - so polite and such a complete answer. I really don't think she does, but who knows?
Have a great day (or night)! We are off to the zoo today! Tomorrow is our consulate appt and Friday we begin our trip home. Sunday afternoon, we will step off a plane at Hartsfield (probably some of us a little tan and some of us a little sunburned!)!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hi...well, today was the first day back to school for kids - I am sure L, S, and Doug were sooo sad about missing today - ha! ;)
I am so sorry that you don't have a voice anymore - hope you get better soon....I am sooo jealous about Hawaii and getting a tan - have so much fun. Glad to hear that Alaina is still doing well - sounds like Ally and Alaina are going to be best of buds! :)
Take care,
Stacy
Love it - love it and love it. I love A's answer to S's questions! Sprinkles said today that she wants to talk like A talked while jumping on the bed. I cannot wait to see those two try to talk to each other. Enjoy the zoo. Stacy and I were so upset when we got to work today and there was nothing new from you so thanks for posting this. When you look up the word addicted on Websters.com - you see Stacy and I's picture staring at your blog on the computer.
I'm just so thankful that all has gone so well - God is faithful and knows what He's doing all the time! Love y'all bunches and can't wait to see pics from zoo, Hawaii, and then the one I take as you guys step off the elevator at the airport!!! :)
Can't wait to go to Hartsfield! Lucy, maybe you will find your voice by then.
Hugs and kisses! H - Ohio St lost last nite - apparently a nail biter down to the last 16 seconds!
I'm sitting here watching the nasty rain yet again, 39 degrees and nasty outside... reading this.....this is me on your trip to Hawaii....pfffttt!! LOL
Have fun!!!
Lucky Lucy - even though you don't have your voice - YOU CAN STILL BLOG!!!!! The zoo must have warn you out - hope y'all had fun!
Hope you are feeling better! I enjoyed the time at the spa with y'all! Can't wait to see the boys go today!! :)
Doug and Lucy,
We are so happy that Alaina is doing so well bonding (yes, even the cling is a good thing).
Hope you enjoy Hawaii. I loved one of the previous post about being 39 degrees. In Illinois that is cause for shorts! Boy do we miss the South and are praying daily for the Lord to move us back South.
Lucy, I can only echo your comments about the desire to adopt. For anyone who is reading saying "we aren't being called to adopt", I would ask you when you were called not to adopt. James 1:27a says "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress".
We are getting closer in our paper chase for a son in Ethiopia. I still cannot get over that--between us having 9 children. Who would have thunk it years ago reminiscing about "Hot Child in the City" that God would lead us here?
Hook'em Horns, I mean Sorry, Doug!
Chad
Post a Comment