We are getting closer to a normal sleep life. Ally seems to be having the most difficulty. She is waking in a fitful semi-sleep state and thrashing around and crying inconsolably in the middle of the night. Last night I was so afraid she would fall off the bed. She didn't want either of us to touch or hold her, but couldn't tell us what was wrong. I think she is dealing with things in her own way. My guess is that she is feeling a little replaced, since Alaina is getting the majority of the attention. We are trying to spend some extra time with her and make sure she knows that we still love her. She asked me numerous times today, "I Mommy's girl?" "I Daddy's girl?" and we always tell her yes and give her a big hug. I know it's hard for her to understand.
I am feeling a quite overwhelmed. The timing for the travel was great for many reasons - girls and Doug didn't have to miss much school, not much work the week after C'mas for me, getting to China before the fees increased, etc. The hard part is now because the demands of my job are in high-gear. We are trying to figure out how to juggle this as best as we can. Doug is going to work some half-days so that I can get some work done and meet with my customers that have upcoming deadlines. It's hard to juggle anytime, but this time of year is particularly demanding. Most of you know that upon entering an adoption is that one thing is definite - you cannot control the timing! I debated even mentioning this; not that I want to put on a false presence, but it's not the most glamorous part of the process. I may take Alaina to "visit" the elementary school tomorrow and talk to the ESOL teachers and see how she reacts.
We have been spoiled by sweet friends that have provided us dinner for several nights. Believe me, that is so appreciated! Just trying to re-configure my internal clock is enough the first few days home; not having to pull a meal together is so nice!!! The only thing is that as we chatted with these wonderful friends, I was yawning! Sorry!
Today, Lauren stayed home from school, but Sara went. I think it was a mistake for L to go yesterday and she over-did it. Hopefully tomorrow will be good for both of them. Ally will go back to preschool and to Miss Sheryl's, so maybe that will help her with feeling more normal!
So this afternoon, I laid down with Ally in our bed at nap time; Lauren and Alaina were playing in Alaina's room. I fell asleep with Ally, and Lauren fell asleep in Alaina's room. However, Alaina did not fall asleep, nor did she come wake any of us up! Sara came home and Alaina ran up to her and put her finger to her mouth saying "Shhhh". Sara asked her why and Alaina did the little sign for asleep and said all of our names! I felt so bad, but she wasn't upset! I'm just glad she didn't try to escape!



3 comments:
I love the last pic...Alaina all dressed up in her princess best and she is holding a broom! She looks like she fits right in and it will be amazing to see her continue to thrive in your home.
Loved all your pics! Thanks for taking to share. Sure praying things continue to smooth out. So glad you all are home and safe.
Blessings,
Shay
Randi told me about what happened yesterday - so funny! :) I am glad Sara came home when she did...:)
Glad to see things are getting better!
Post a Comment