





Lucy got in about 8:30 PM and all of the girls and I were so glad to see her. Our Saturday and Sunday went very smoothly. We picked up Lauren and Amelia from Soccer Ref class and took them to lunch at Chic-Fil-A and then we headed to Walmart. I had gotten Ally's pictures done while Lucy was at her summer regionals. So we decided to get Alaina's done this time. Last time Walmart did an amazing job, this time, they were OK.
Alaina did pretty well in her photo session. Ally joined in after a few solo shots. The only problem with Alaina is that she would smile so big that her eyes would totally close. We kept trying to get her to relax her smile.
At Walmart you can buy the cd with all of the pictures on it. I purchased it and then sent it to Wolfe so that I could have the print framed and hanging in the hall by the time Lucy got home. Unfortunately Walmart took the picture vertically and told me they could crop it on the computer for horizontal. But when they did, it cut off most of the stuffed animals and Alaina's head was at the top of the picture. I printed it anyway to see what it looked like and was so disapointed that I marched her right back over there and made them take another picture. It still printed too dark compared to Ally but we can fix it. The best thing was that Lucy was totally surprised and it was fun to see Alaina so excited about her picture hanging in the hall with the other girls.
Sunday we got up and went to Sunday School. Alaina stayed with me in the adult class and behaved prety well. She was pretty bored. (Sorry Matt) After Sunday School we went to the mall to ride the merry-go-round, eat lunch, and get a cookie. We also stopped by Wolfe to pick up the enlargement.
We arrived home and relaxed for a little while before taking Alaina to her Chinese Language class. She and I took off and we listened to the Chinese Language CD that we had bought before traveling to China for Ally. We had a great time. She babbled in Chinese the entire way to Duluth. When we got to school, she held on to my leg and teared up when I left. So I decided to stay with her. Alaina would not talk to any of the teachers or participate in any of the activities. I got a sticker for participating once and she still would not answer the questions. After a short break they began writing Chinese characters. She immediately perked up and even went up to the board in front of the class to particpate. I wonder if hearing the Chinese Language outside of our family, makes her nervous. Zi, who was with us when we got Ally and is 5.5 acted almost the same way. At one point he even said "We don't want to be here doing this". I assume by "we" he meant he and Alaina.
When we got home at 4:30PM, it was time to clean house. Sara and Lauren helped wih the little girls' rooms. I concetrated on the kitchen and the dining room. The dining room still had many things from our China trip that had not been put away. Sara even started some laundry. All in all, I thought we had the place looking pretty good for mommy's return. We all missed her!!!



6 comments:
I love hearing about all the "firsts" and how well Alaina is adjusting. I'll bet she loved the photo shoot, and it made my heart melt to hear about her reaction to seeing her picture on the wall with the other girls'. It'll be interesting to see if her reaction to the language classes changes as the course continues.
Sounds like you guys survived pretty well while Lucy was gone, but I know you're thrilled to have her home again. I'll bet she's glad to back, too!
I love the pictures of Alaina and Ally....you are SUPER DAD Doug! I know that Lucy was excited to get home as well and see everyone! Too funny about the language classes but I am so glad that you guys are getting her invovled in that...hopefully soon she will warm up to it!
Welcome Home Lucy! :)
Doug, you get the Mr. Mom of the Year award for getting the pictures done, plus the laundry, and cleaning, and Chinese class, and sick daughters, and everything else while Lucy was away! Great job!
The pictures are beautiful! How exciting that Alaina smiled for them.
Welcome home, Lucy!
I think the pics look WONDERFUL! Doug I am so impressed with your daddy abilities ;)
Hello Harkness family! I miss you guys! Sorry, between work, the inauguration (I had special duties), and some illness, I've just been a bit busy. I'm trying to say a quick hello to everyone. Really enjoyed all of you, sorry to hear you had some illnesses as well. Garrett is doing great, Gracie is a proud big sister, and we've take hundreds of pictures, but just now catching up on everything else. We had some good times and if possible, will try to meet you next time we travel to Chattanooga/Bham area for a swing near Atlanta.
Now to send e-mails to the others.
Welcome home Lucy!
Post a Comment