Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mr. Mom Day 2

Well things went much better today. Alaina woke up happy and without any crying. She went to bed with only about 10 minutes of tears. Lauren went back to school for the first time this week. She was upset about her makeup work etc, but overall had a good day. She was only home about 15 minutes before having to leave for soccer ref class. Amelia and Lauren are in the class together.

Sara, Ally and Alaina, and I headed to the new pizza place in Dacula, Luigis. It was pretty crowded but we got a table right away. The service was pretty pathetic, but I guess that is to be expected at a new place. The pizza was quite good and we must have seen about 5 or 6 people we knew there. We then headed home to get ready for my idoor soccer game. We picked Audrey, Sara's buddy up and Bill and headed to Loganville.

When we got there one of the other guys was telling us we now had a player who had played semi-pro and that we were going to have 3 or 4 bench players. Bill and I started to warm up and before we finished I decided to kick the ball really hard into the net. I did and immediately winced in pain. I pulled my quad muscle and could not even play in the game. Game time came and since I was hurt we again had one sub. I believe the score this week was 17-3. I guess you would call that an improvement. Both chinese girls fell asleep on the way home from the game.

Alaina had a great week at school. She is so funny when I pick her up from school. She will look for my car and once she spots me, she will smile and wave. As her teacher said, Does'nt that just melt your heart? She did learn somehting this week, The Happy Birthday Song. She can sing it in English.

I am so thankful for her wonderful teachers. They have gone above and beyond this week. On Wednesday at car rider Ms. Adams had a large bag that she placed in my car when I picked Alaina up. Evidently they had been to the library that day. All of Alainas classmates kept bringing her books and I guess she did not have the heart to tell Alaina she could only check out 1 book. So she checked them all out in her name. WOW. One day when Alaia was a little sad they emailed us and asked if we could email a picture of the family. We did and they printed it out and placed it on her desk, she immediately lit up.

3 comments:

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Mr. Mom: So proud of you, juggling all the mayhem. Thank God for Lucy, right?

Ha ha, Ellen

Beth and Ryan said...

So much fun to read your blog!

The Tennant's said...

I had the chance to meet Ms. Conoley this weekend at a retreat....she just adores Alaina! Alaina is blessed to have such wonderful teachers.