I'm sure that all of you who read our blog know that our 2 little girls are considered "Special Needs" (both born with Congenital Heart Disease) by China.
Here is a wonderful site where families have shared their stories of how they came to adopt SN kids from China.
The mom that began this site was on our trip with her sister - her name is Stephanie, and she has 4 adopted kids from China and 4 bio kids.
So, if any of you know of people considering adopting from China, please pass this site along. With the wait hitting 3 years this month (Jackie you are SO CLOSE), I encourage everyone to consider these "special" kids, especially if you already have kids (bio or adopted)!!! SO many of their needs are very managable and nothing to be afraid of....
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
My first daughter from China we adopted from the Non-special needs route. Turns out she has asthma and requires more medical care then my other two who were adopted via the "special needs" route!
For our second adoption we knew we wanted to go special needs as the wait was less and some of the needs are so minor!
I encourage anyone considering adoption to look at the kids labeled special needs. Many, many times the need is a "non-need"!
Our story is similar to The Evans Family. Our non-special needs child has many more needs than our special needs child. Although I must say, I can't imagine our life without either of these two little ones!
If you are considering adoption, be sure to at least investigate the special needs route.
Adoption Rocks!!! It doesn't matter where you adopt from - California or China! It's awesome! Don't let the "possible negatives" let you miss out on one of the best experiences you could ever have! There are no words to describe how amazing adoption is!
Post a Comment