Thursday, January 8, 2009

Farewell China













Everything went fine at our consulate appointment today - uneventful (except one little boys' visa said he was married!). We shopped a little and had a blast at our farewell pizza party in the White Swan playroom with our group. Since S and L were the only "big kids" on the trip, they helped with several of the kids (new and old) on many occassions. So many of the parents told me how helpful they had been and how much they appreciated their help! It's always nice to hear. We had so much fun with everyone and made, what we hope to be, life-long friends!

Farewell China - thank you for 2 of our beautiful little girls (who we named the twin-adoes tonight!).

(Just a note - we posted pics from the last 3 days -- see the zoo post and park post)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

I have soooooo enjoyed reading your blog everyday and keeping up with the latest events. I pray for your safe return home and for Alaina's transition when she gets here. Can't wait to meet her.(Have fun in Hawaii!)

Beth and Alan

Stacy said...

Hey guys....WOW I can't believe you have her and will be home soon! Alaina looks sooooo happy in those pictures Lucy :). I love the pink matching outfits for the girls too. What a great "family" picture of the 6 of you (except for the GT on Doug's shirt - needs to be UGA):)

Have a safe flight to Hawaii and back home - see you soon!

Stacy

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

Love the pics, Love the pics, and Love the pics. Everyone looks so happy! I especially love the one on the red couch with all 6 of you -my favorite! Oh my gosh - I'm so happy that I'm teary-eyed for you guys. What a fun last day! Y'all have an awesome flight and we'll be praying for everyone to rest and have a happy flight! Hope Diego's computer is charged and ready! Stacy and I have just talked and our goal is to make Alaina a UGA fan! Hugs to all - take LOTS AND LOTS of pictures in Hawaii! :)

Anonymous said...

Once again, Wow is about all I can say! Your family has just bonded so beautifully together! It is truly amazing to see how God has been with you all throughout this whole lifechanging event!

I pray that your travels home are safe and uneventful (unless, of course, Doug decides to become a surfer dude while in Hawaii!).

We can't wait to meet Alaina! Enjoy the rest of your trip, and we'll see you soon!

(And don't worry....The Troys will help ensure that Alaina stays a Tech fan! Go Jackets!)


Ilene, Matt, Amanda and Connor

Renate said...

Gods speed.

Anonymous said...

I love the very first picture - you guys look a little tired but so, so, so happy. Your faces just radiate the joy in your hearts! God is SO good!!! Enjoy your tropical adventure and praying for safe travels.

Linda Z.

Donna said...

What a beautiful family of 6 you have there! Although I think there may be room for at least one more ;) What about a boy next go around!!??

Deb in MT said...

It is bittersweet leaving, isn't it? Hope you get to have some fun in Hawaii before getting back to your new/old life! I just know Alaina will love her new life with y'all. Hmmm I wonder how long it will take for her to get a southern drawl? ha!

Deb M. in MT

Jodi said...

Your family is gorgeous! Dad I hope you have security on the house to keep all the boys away!
Love y'all! Keep the blog going so we can see how all the girls are growing! This is better then Christmas cards!
Love y'all!
Bryan, Jodi and Jorja

sheryl said...

The last picture is by far the BEST of all! Everyone is just so happy! I am so glad that you have had such a wonderful time in China. Alaina has transitioned beautifully. What struck me the most in the last picture is Alaina's smile, sitting on her daddy's lap. She knows she is exactly where she belongs.

Have a safe trip to Hawaii. Can't wait to hear about your last adventure before coming back to the "real world". Most of all, I can't wait to give Ally a big squeeze and meet her new sister!

Hugs to all!

Sheryl

Duchess of Lanier said...

Happy Hawaii!

And welcome to our newest citizen! She's bound to be the first of your group since your flight to Hawaii is so "short", right?

Thank you so much for letting us follow along on your journey!

Go-Ja-ckets!

Anonymous said...

love to see all those smiling faces! to God be the glory, great things He has done....