Lucy is in San Diego on work. She left Wednesday afternoon so I am here with a sick child, a child that does not speak English, a child who keeps waking up 3 or 4 times a night and Sara. Last night bedtime was great for Ally, not a wimper and right to sleep. Alaina on the other hand cried for about 40 minutes. All in all it was a pretty smooth night.
I got up at 5:30 AM to get Sara off to school. I had some coffee and fixed Sara and Alaina's lunches. Sara left at about 6:15 and I was able to get a shower while the 3other girls remained asleep. At 7:00 I got Ally and Alaina up and Lauren followed suit. Lauren said she would take care of dressing Alaina so I went in and got Ally to go potty, dressed, and teeth brushed. I returned to find Alaina still in her PJ's and crying. So I then proceeded to get her dressed while she continued crying.
Then I carried her into breakfast and put on the stool next to Ally. I put the food in front of Alaina but she would not pick up the spoon. So in between cries, I would shove a spoonful of congee or yogurt in her mouth. After breakfast, Alaina suddenly stopped crying, brushed her teeth, put on her coat and backpack and was ready to go to school.
I dropped off Ally at Ms. Sheryl's first. We then headed for Freeman's Mill Elementary. Lauren asked me to leave the keys so she could listen to the radio. I took Alaina in and met Ms. Conoley, her teacher in the hall. She pointed me in the right direction. When we got to her room, Alaina seemed happy and took off her coat, put up her folder and half-heartedly kissed me goodbye.
After speaking with a couple of teachers, I headed out to take Lauren home and get to work by my 2nd period class. I looked at my watch as I headed out the door and said to myself, "this is going to be close." I got in the car and turned the key, nothing, tried again, nothing. I quickly picked up the phone and called Uncle Ted. He said he would be right over. I called the school to tell them I would be late. Ted arrived and got me to school and Lauren home.
Needless to say I was pretty frazzled by the time I arrived at school. Ted came back up to school at 10:30 and took me back to Freeman's Mill to try again on the car. Luckily it started and I went straight to Auto Zone to replace the battery.
I had a meeting in Norcross at 3:30 so Amy got Ally. I dropped Alaina off at home on my way to the meeting. Sara and Lauren got Alaina's homework done and then cooked dinner. I arrived home to find two boxes of presents from Ohio. I took them inside and passed them out to the girls. They were excited and quickly got everything open. They all got gift cards to Target so after dinner we made a shopping trip. Alaina and Ally were so funny. Ally immediately saw a Diego set and she had made her selection, no second thoughts. Alaiana surveyed several rows until we went down the "Barbie Row", and she was like a magnet to the most frilly dressed Barbies. She chose Belle and then got a deal on Holiday Barbie who was marked down quite a bit. She and Ally had enough money left over on their cards to each get a puzzle. It was neat to see them shop. Alaina knew exactly what was going on and they both insisted on giving their gift card to the cashier.
Hopefully tomorrow will go a little better especially with the car!!!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Doug - you are Mr. Mom of the year!
I was wondering how Alaina's sleep has been going - Jorja is not doing well with this. - Wednesday night she slept for 5 hours - and no nap on Thursday, and still screamed for 2 1/2 hours until I allowed her to fall asleep on the couch next to me.
(Bryan's out of town) Thankfully my car is working though! (knock on wood!)
Praying your day goes much better! Give the kids a hug for us!
What a day! I'll bet you were ready for bed pretty early last night! It's so hard when they all need to be somewhere.
I'm sorry to hear Lauren is still not feeling well. Hopefully she can begin to shake whatever it is she caught. Please tell her we hope she feels better soon.
I hope the rest of your Mr. Mom time goes smoothly. Glad to hear Alaina did well at school, at least! Keep up the great work!
WOW - SUPER DAD! Doug, I am impressed but it doesn't surprise me b/c all I have heard from Randi is that you are a great dad all the time! Poor Aliana I wonder if she was just tired or missing Lucy? I am so glad to hear that she is doing better and seems to be liking school :). Hope Lucy has a safe trip home....
Keep up the good work!
Wow! I sure can relate - I have had a few like that myself! It sounds like you handled everything like a pro! At least Sara and Lauren are great helpers - tell them they can come over anytime to cook dinner for me!!
Post a Comment