Friday, January 2, 2009

Guangzhou!!



We made it and had an uneventful flight. The flight was on time, only about an hour and 15 minutes. All our luggage made it and our guide was there to pick us up. It is such a relief when you walk out of the airport and see your name on a sheet of paper. We checked into the Victory Hotel, which we are loving way more than the White Swan. The rooms are so much bigger and nicer. Each room has its own computer with free internet. We ate dinner at Lucy's. Alaina loved it. She had chicken congee and some chicken noodle soup. Mama Sue is not going to be too happy with her table manners. She will take the plate up to her mouth and shovel it in. She is FULL of energy. I think both Alaina and Ally let loose when they arrived at the hotel. They were running around with the strollers in the lobby of the hotel and were so excited when they got up to the rooms. It is 7:40 PM now and we are trying to get Ally and Alaina settled down. Sara and Lauren are right next door. They have told us the little girls can come over and play but they are not going to leave their toys in their room.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

YEAH...I am soooo glad that Alaina did well on the flight. Was she sad to leave or did she really understand that she was leaving? That is funny about S and L not wanting any toys in their rooms - my kinda girls :)(lets keep it nice, neat and organized)! Maybe after Alaina eats at Lucy's a few times she will not have any problems with American food back home :). I am alittle sad though b/c we didn't get any pictures but I guess since you guys just got to the hotel I will let it slide this time :) ha,ha!

Stacy

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

So glad you're there. Hope Alaina enjoyed her first flight. I can't wait to hear about all your experiences being back on somewhat familiar territory! I'm with Stacy - we want pictures!!!!

The Millers said...

Wish we were eating dinner at Lucy's with you! Sarah Beth loved the scrambled eggs and the mashed potatoes-she would not eat the congee which we thought was funny! Knew you would love the Victory and we thought the breakfasts were great too! The White Swan has the magnificent lobby but the Victory hotel rooms win hands down. Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures. See if you can find Belinda anywhere. She is no longer at the Gold Dragon and we have lost touch with her! Love ya'll! We are filling out our I600 this week (Ethiopia is not Hague) and are sending in the other part of our agreement with the BIG payment to our agency this week too. Got some videos of some of their little boys on the waiting child list-oh my are they adorable!!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Wish I were eating at Lucy's too. I'll take the pasta alfredo. And a big beer on the side. And the side dish of worms. Oh wait - that's down the street, never mind.

Deb in MT said...

Whew! One flight down & just a few more to go ;-) That first one is always the mystery flight, isn't it? Enjoy Lucy's (and I'm with the Fays about a big ol beer)..and keep an eye out for those giant sized rats that hang around that waterfront! Happy shopping!

Deb M. in MT

Carol said...

Yes the best part of the trip I think...could have stayed there forever!!!!!

Lucys....yum!!!