Alaina had a hard time falling asleep last night, therefore, she was difficult to wake up this AM. She did finally get going, but we had to leave a little early for school because Ally had to go to speech. She was fine on the drive to school and walking in, but once we got to the classroom, she got a little weepy (not crying, just sad eyes and mouth). I said good bye, told her that Daddy was going to pick her up, and left. Mrs. Adams was giving her a hug.
Got the following messages from her teachers a little later...
She is a little weepy this morning...can you send us a picture of you guys
to put at her seat?....that helps sometimes...thanks...she will be fine!
Doug sent a photo...Kathy took her to library to check out a book. She is now laughing and eating snack.
Alaina is doing great! She was a little sad this morning, but we went to the Media Center, we read, we checked out books, she came back and exercised - tossing bean bags-what an arm! I'll sign her up for my husbands softball team, and now we are eating snack (of course, she started with the brownie!). Ms. Conoley printed out the picture and that brought a smile to her face!
Just hoping she continues to do OK -- She does enjoy getting dressed each morning. I let her choose one part of her outfit (top or bottom) and I choose what goes with it. She always likes to have a clip in her hair! Daddy will have it all for the next few days, as I (Mommy) am going OOT for work... I'm sure he will be fine, as he has LOTS of great help in S and L!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Tell her that her Aunt E (one!) loves to hear that she is doing great in school! The picture idea was great! Clever teacher there!
Love, E
Love reading the updates! Keep them coming!
She couldn't be in better hands! You have the BEST teachers. If we were still zoned for that school, those are exactly the ones I would have hoped for Linzi to have. ;-) Alaina is doing amazing. Truly, everything seems to be falling into place so perfectly. She is one special little girl!
BTW, Ally took a short and sweet nap early today - less than an hour and awake by 1:30. EK is over to play, so she should be good and worn out for Doug tonight. ;-)
Sheryl
Oh I know this has to be hard...I will fall apart when Emily starts school.....
Hang in there sister!!
We will say special prayers for her tonight. That has to be so hard for a little one! We are thinking of you!
Hi Doug and Lucy,
I just got caught up with everything that has happened on a month of blogs. Big congratulations! You guys are amazing with these girls, I can tell. I'm praying for strength as there are a lot of adjustments to come.
Tim Peverill
Post a Comment