Monday, January 5, 2009

Answered Prayers

I so vividly remember sitting in church on a Sunday last March and praying that God would show us the right child for our family. I remember finally allowing myself to accept the fact that I wanted to adopt again. We entered into this wanting an older child. For some reason, that is what felt right. We agreed to begin looking for a 5-7 year old boy or girl. The rest of our story is falling right into place.

We have met so many amazing people along each of our two journeys to China. I can't imagine our lives without these 2 little girls. They are just both such a wonderful addition to our family - just as we prayed they would be. All this to say, that if any of you out there in blog-land are considering adoption as a way to add to your family - your journey will also be amazing. It breaks my heart to see and hear about so many children in these orpahanges without much hope for a bright future, unless someone steps up and takes a chance on them. Like my very first post to this blog, it changes your heart to see this first hand and with your own eyes. I certainly don't suggest taking such a big decision lightly, but definitely prayfully! The journey is often long and frustraing, but in the end, priceless! Obviously, my passion is directed to the children that China calls "special needs".

Just something to think about...

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Amen!!! and I am amazed at the kids in our group who are on the special needs list - but the dr.'s can't find their special need!
You had better call me when you visit Dallas! We can meet for a Diet Coke with ice!!!!

sheryl said...

Oh Lucy, you said exactly what has been on my heart since Linzi came home. You know the reasons why we haven't gone back again, but seeing little Alaina just makes me want it even more. Who knows what the future holds - I continue to pray for the situation preventing us to resolve itself or for closure. The fact that I haven't found closure after 4 years gives me hope. :-)

Hugs,
Sheryl

Beth and Ryan said...

I love your post. Your words are exactly what I have been looking for to share with other people the joy that our "special needs" child has brought into our lives. I am so glad we decided to take that "chance". Take care.