Saturday, January 10, 2009

Aloha


















alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5289933761412385346" />




Aloha, again… Only this one means “good-bye”! We are in the airport after a fun-filled day of playing in the ocean, the pool, and getting sand between our toes – all in the middle of winter! We actually missed part of our day since we woke up at 10 AM Hawaii time. I have no idea how that actually happened because we went to bed around 10 PM. We had to wake up A and A! Yes, I do know how that happened – we’re all exhausted! In all reality, our little stop over has hopefully helped our recovery from the extreme jet lag; and what better place to gradually ease back into east coast time than in Hawaii? We recommend this stop-over to everyone coming to China! I know it delays the “getting home”, but its been so fun.

Thanks Sheryl and Eric for the great accommodations! That was nicer than we would have ever booked ourselves and we hardly wanted to leave the resort at all! All of the beach and pool pics were taken at our hotel (how do you like the view?) and we loved it. We ventured out today to the Dole pineapple plantation, the North Shore (saw a few waves, but missed most of the surfers) and by Pearl Harbor. My dad served in the Navy there in the Korean war. Aunt Amy was born in Hawaii while he was stationed here, so we visited the “Amy Museum”, but even though we are relatives we had to pay and wait in line!!!! Ha Ha!

What struck me was the size of the island we were on – I had no idea it was so big and very mountainous! Of course, it is beautiful. We drove way out of town to get to the North Shores and got to see several rainbows and huge mountains that reached into the clouds! Like I said, a beautiful stop-over on the way home.

Two flights left – to San Francisco and then to Atlanta. We arrive about 3:45 on Sunday afternoon. I will be so glad to get off that last plane. This is an incredibly hard trip to make (I know no one feels sorry for us after looking at today’s pics, anyway!). The flying and the jet-lag are rough. I must say with all that considered, that the girls (all of them) have done amazingly well. Only a fuss or two every so often, but overall, they have been great!

Can’t wait to see you all at home! Thanks so much for your prayers. I can’t even adequately thank everyone who has said a prayer or two (or more) for our safety, Alaina’s adjustment, Ally’s acceptance, and our health! We are amazed each time we see Alaina laugh or prance around or giggle. Again, thank you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Once again, God never ceases to amaze! Your photos are beautiful! As you say, Hawaii is truly paradise. I lived on Hickam Air Force Base as a little girl (my Dad was in the Air Force), and I went back several years ago, and the memories came flooding back just as if I had been there the day before! Seeing the mountains and the oceans in Hawaii, I will never understand those who don't believe God's hands created it all!

My prayers are with you for the remainder of your trip to be as smooth as these last 2 weeks, and that Alaina's transition to her new home brings you all everlasting peace and joy! I can't wait to meet her and see your "family of 6" all together!

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

Well, after looking at those pictures - you know God is good! I'm so thankful everything has gone so extremely well - truly better than I ever could have imagined for all of you! I think you created the best experience out of a truly amazing journey. There are not enough words to tell you how happy we are all for all of you! We love you guys and thanks so much for all the pictures - PRICELESS!

Anonymous said...

We will all have to go to HAWAII together one day! Too much to see. Guess ya'll are in the air now - can't wait to see you this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

What a nice ending to your China trip. Ready to work tomorrow? haha I have enjoyed reading your blogs and looking at the pictures. I know Alaina is going to fit in fine. Hope the cat doesn't scare her like Ally.
Debbie T.

sheryl said...

What an amazing trip you have had! God has answered so many prayers and it has been such a priviledge to witness it all through your posts! I can't even imagine how tired everyone is/will be, but call me as soon as you are feeling up to it! Linzi and I can hardly wait to meet Alaina and hug Ally. We have missed you guys soooo much.

Hugs,
Sheryl & Linzi

Stacy said...

What a wonderful time you guys have had over the last two weeks (or more) :). I love the Hawaii pictures and man is Alaina skinny! I just talked to Randi and she is so excited to see you guys at the airport this afternoon! ;)

Well, I guess there is just one thing left to say....WELCOME HOME HARKNESS FAMILY, WELCOME HOME!

Anonymous said...

Bless you all as you land and begin your life with four beautiful girls! Can't wait to see you all and pray your adjustment back to normalcy will be smooth. Happy landing!
Sharon and family

The Tennant's said...

This little "lay over" sounds like so much fun! What beautiful pics! So glad you will be arriving in Atlanta today! Jennifer Tennant

Sally & Richard said...

By now-4:52- I reckon you are back in home territory- finally. I know Mom is relieved that your trip is OVER. CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE NEWEST FAMILY MEMBER & SEE THE REST OF YOU!!Sleep well in your own bed tonight. Love you all,
Ta