Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Time to Pack!



I realized at 4:30 this AM that Alaina didn't have any panties or socks (at least we don't have any for her- haha)! So, now she does AND her bags are packed! Yes, seriously, after yesterday's "awakening", I had to DO something. So, here we go again with the space bags. I am already aware of a BIG difference between our trip for Ally (in July) and this trip (Dec or Jan) - the winter clothes sure do take up a lot more space.


We will try to pack as lightly as possible, but we aren't sure we can manage to go carry-on only (COO) this time around. I'm really not sure it was worth all the effort; although, it did force us to pack smartly and not bring a bunch of extra stuff. We will definitely check a stroller (or 2), because I sure don't need to buy another in China, no matter how cheap they are! I'm thinking that it will be much easier to manage everything and everyone if both Ally and Alaina are each in a stroller, at least as we manipulate thru the airports. Man, do I ever dread those L*O*N*G flights...

10 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Congratulations! What great news! We didn't go COO, and all of our luggage made it there and back safely! You should be just fine!

Stacy said...

Yea Lucy! Not much longer...I am so proud of you for already having this done - good job! :) Now, get some sleep!

Carol said...

I was packing the night before I left...is that not terrible!!

Yes I remember those long flights...they almost made me crazy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news !! We all will be glad when you and 4 girls are home, safe and sound.

RJ

Donna said...

WHOA...you are ahead of me here! I haven't packed anything yet. Guess I am still in denial that I will be on an airplane in 3 weeks (hopefully).

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

How exciting! It's incredible that it could happen that soon. Too bad you can't meet Gracie on this trip :) Would you mind swinging by?

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo! can't wait to hear more news and soon see photos of your and ALL your girls together...

redmaryjanes said...

I love spacebags, we used them when we shipped some things to China last year and they were a huge space saver.
I am so excited for you and your family!

Truly Blessed said...

Hi Lucy,

It's TB from RMJ's Sat. AM Chat.

Your girls are all so beautiful. I know you're just aching to hold Alaina. I sure hope your LOA comes on Monday and you travel SOON!

My guess is that you'll spend New Year's Day in China...

Jean said...

good idea about two strollers----we recently went to Minneapolis, and even with that relatively simple journey it was fabulous to have two strollers for the airports. Jean