Lauren and I have been spending some time each night in her new room as well. It has been our guest bedroom/catch-all room. For several years, I just put the clothes that Lauren had out-grown in the closet, as well as our winter coats, etc. I now have about 7 or 8 bags of stuff to haul to Goodwill next week. AND, the bad part is that I'm just getting started! Maybe that is the good part - that I'm actually inspired to DO it! I told Lauren that we should have taken a "before" picture, but I would have been too embarassed to post it!
Ally continues to have a cold and cough and runny nose. She seems to feel fine, for the most part, but can't shake that cough. I need to write down some of the funny things she is saying these days.
- One of my favorites is how she answers me when I ask her a question. She will say, "Yes, mommy!" Her 'yes' still sounds a little like "yesh" and she says it so happily!
- Another thing that is really cute is how she arranges things (toys, blocks, plates, cups). She will work at it and move them around and look at them, then say "perfect" once she has them arranged just so!
- Sometimes if she doesn't hear me all that well, she will say, "What'd say, mommy?"
- If she can't find me, she will run around saying (well, screaming), "Where are you, mommy?" It sounds more like "Where ah oooh, mommy?"
Christmas is right around the corner and we are getting started (nothing like adding a few Christmas decorations to the above mentioned mess!). We got the pink trees out for each of the girls room (oh no - I guess I better pick up another pink tree!), but tonight Ally decided she didn't want that pink tree in her room! She said, "No tree, mommy!" And she was rather insistent! So, her tree is sitting in the dining room now! We'll see, maybe I don't need another tree.



2 comments:
Well at least the Christmas craziness will help pass some time !
I can't believe it almost here!!! I am so excited for your family and can't wait to hear that a date has been set. Alaina has no idea what blessings are in store for her with her special family and sweet sisters.
Sheryl
Post a Comment