



First of all, I want to document that our LOA is signed and on its way to CHINA! We received it yesterday morning (Nov 24) via Fed Ex and immediately returned it to the agency office in Tennessee. They received it this AM (along with 5 other families) and sent it on its way at noon today. So, now our wait from China is for TA (Travel Approval)...
On our side of the ocean and/or world, we also made a little progress. We got our 797C yesterday in the mail too. This form was the result of our 800A form being approved by US immigration. With that 797C and the LOA in our hands, we fedex'ed our 800 form and another stack of documents off to Chicago for final approval. Again, we wait ...
So, as we get closer to knowing WHEN we will travel to get Alaina, we are kicking off the Christmas season with some fun with friends...
On our side of the ocean and/or world, we also made a little progress. We got our 797C yesterday in the mail too. This form was the result of our 800A form being approved by US immigration. With that 797C and the LOA in our hands, we fedex'ed our 800 form and another stack of documents off to Chicago for final approval. Again, we wait ...
So, as we get closer to knowing WHEN we will travel to get Alaina, we are kicking off the Christmas season with some fun with friends...
- Friday night we met Frannie and Ellen for a quick dinner at Discover Mills and joined the Tanski family for the "Hand in Hand" get together sponsored by Hope for Children (which was the agency we used for Ally's adoption; however, it is now closed -- so sad). Frannie and Ally were just adorable together - running and squealing and giggling as they ran up and down the halls. They topped off the evening with a "fall down giggle hug".
- Saturday AM we met the "digits" for our annual visit with Santa. I just really enjoy all of these families and have fun each time we get together! Donna, once again, sent me home with a homework list for getting everything together -- I cannot thank her enough for the answers and advice! So, thanks Donna -- I do appreciate it!!!
- Monday (yesterday) was crazy with all of the paperwork flying in and out of our house, but we celebrated with another activity that hopefully will be a tradition. We joined Randi (who I will welcome to the world of blogging!), Joel, Brittani and Shelbi Grace for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and a few rounds on the Pink Pig at Macy's! I remember riding the old Pink Pig in downtown when I was a little girl! They had such fun. We even got a pic with Santa with everyone!!!



4 comments:
Such happy news all around!
I'm a first time reader, but I see we have much in common.
We are an Atlanta family, too. So jealous that your agency allowed you to be DTC without the 797! We would be a week ahead of you if ours had not made us wait. Instead we are DTC last Friday while you all were shopping and kicking off Christmas!
Love that you take your children to the Pink Pig! Our daughter has a pink pig toy with her in a photo, and I immediately thought of Christmas in Atlanta.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Trena
DTC for ChuWei waiting in XuZhou
LOVE all that pink outfit coordination. Looks like you were just meant to have a house full of pink cute adorable girls!
wow that is great news...our friend Lisa just got TA!!!! Congrats to you!!!!!
So glad everything is on its way!!! Love the pic with Santa!!!
Post a Comment