The broken arm belongs to one of my "big" girls! OK, OK. It's SARA -- the ONE that NO ONE voted for!!! How funny is that? Yes, she was swinging and was kind of slowing down to get off (not even to jump off) and decided, for whatever reason, that it would be fun to swing without holding on! So, with her hands in her lap, she lost her balance and tipped forward. In an effort to recover she pulled back pretty hard and "over - compensated", falling backwards out of the swing. I didn't see it happen, but when I looked over I saw her laying on the ground in the mulch! She was hurting pretty bad, but didn't really think it was actually broken. This was about 7 PM last Thursday, so we thought it best to go on to the hospital just in case. Currently trying to get an appt with a pediatric ortho today!!!
She is taking it in stride; however, she is quite concerned about finals and essays, etc. I had to write her homework for her last night. The good thing is that she can get a shower (she wears a regular sling) and her arm won't get itchy like it would in a cast!
So, for all of you that thought that I was the klutz, HA! It's not me! (Actually, I do likely qualify as a klutz, but that is another story!)
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Sweet Sara so sorry. Heal quickly.
Well I'm glad it isn't you Lucy!!! I know you need your arms to stick on those correction labels. Or maybe you won't need any this season :)
Deb T
happy it's not you....sorry for Sara! Hope it heals well and quickly for her now!
Oh so sorry for Sara! Savannah has broken her arm twice in the same place. Hope you get the appointment and she feels better soon!!! Loved having you all over for EK's bd. Running late on the thank yous!!
Oh no......I hate that for her! I am so sorry that happened! Hopefully her teachers will be understanding though :).
Stacy
Sara, hope you heal quickly!
I hope your mom uses her best penmanship as she helps you with your homework! :)
Love y'all!
Jodi Sue :)
Hi,
We met at First Fridays...not sure if you remember us. We have two little boys. We are still waiting for our USCIS appointment. Hope to see again at another "First Friday" if you guys still go. I've sort of lost touch with that group. If you have any info, could you leave me a message on my blog? www.adoptigbabyeye.blogspot.com
Take care,
Tracy
Post a Comment