Thursday, April 16, 2009

Asleep Standing Up - Well Almost

Ally had a hard time falling asleep tonight. I told her she could either sleep in her bed or on the floor with Alaina (this is where they have slept the last 2 nights and started out tonight). She would not decide (this is a pattern these days) so I just walked out. She got mad at me and said "I want Daddy" -- "Fine -- here's Daddy", and in a few minutes she fell alseep in the kitchen with him... Don't you love her sense of fashion?






Each morning while I'm getting Alaina off to school, Ally usually sits and watches "Diego". Yesterday, Ally asked to watch another Diego and I said she could after she got her clothes on and teeth brushed. So we did that. Then she said "May I please pick out Diego?" Sure, which one? She could NOT decide and I gave her several chances to choose. So, again, FINE -- no Diego. To this, she lost it and probably cried for 20 minutes solid. She started with the "I want Daddy" which proceeded to "I want Daddy, Sara" and then "I want Daddy, Sara, Alaina" and then when Lauren left for her bus, she said "I want Daddy, Sara, Alaina, Lauren". She wanted everyone who was NOT at home! She had preschool yesterday morning and was fine once it was time to leave. When we picked her up from Miss Sheryl's at 3:30, Miss Sheryl said that Ally fell asleep at car riders and slept all the way home for her -- guess all that crying wore her out! Mean mommy....

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I hear you girlfriend - I'm the mean mommy too! :)
Thankfully, both little girls are learning that mommy usually only says "no" when there is a safety issue.

Jorja's newest answer when I say no, to a TV show or food or something like that, is "maybe... later?"
Turning into the optimist.

Donna said...

How come moms are always the meanies (sp?)!! HA!

Scott and Joan said...

it must be a syndrome! If mommy says no, go to Daddy!

Stacy said...

WOW....sounds like a FEW (or more like a million) of our conversations at our house with little miss Morgan! :) Love the pictures!

Heard you guys had fun at your cabin on Sunday with the Hills :)

Check out my blog - I gave you an award!