Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eggs and Ponies

Alaina finally enjoying chips and salsa.

Ally concentrating on her craft at preschool

Ally and her friends at preschool

Ally with her friend Monroe

Ally at her egg hunt

Ella Kate, Alaina and Ally

Ally and Alaina coloring a horse picture.

Lauren and Sara enjoying cake and ice cream!

Alaina the equestrian.


Both A and A had egg hunts at their schools on Friday. I was able to visit Ally's class for hers. Alaina had a great time riding the pony at Ella Kate's party, but Ally wasn't quite so brave. They had fun playing at the party, drawing pictures, and the pinata! Alaina was fairly comfortable and played as long as S or L was close by!

This afternoon (Sun), Daddy took Sara, Lauren and Alaina to a Ga Tech baseball game. Ally and I stayed home to get a much needed nap! They had fun and Alaina came home yelling "Go Jackets" - well, actually she came home sleeping, but yelled "go jackets" once she woke up!

I may have mentioned how much Alaina is picking up in English. Here are a few phrases that I have made note of this week:

- "No, don't do that Dash"
- "Ally come here"
- "Mommy may I please paper?"
- "Ally is a nunie (nudie)"
- "Lauren favorite color hot pink"

Amazing, huh?

Ally made us laugh yesterday with something she said. After coming home from Ella Kate's party, Ally let her helium balloon go in the family room (we have HIGH ceilings) and was pretty upset when daddy (who can do "everything") couldn't reach it. She said to him, in her frustration, "Daddy, you get a ladder", but we THOUGHT she said "Daddy you a liar"! Both of us looked at her in disbelief! She clarified! Funny, huh?

4 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Thanks for leaving your card for LadyLL!
We are right up the road from you and simply must meet after LL gets home.
Your girls can teach her "Go Jack-ets!" And the fight song... without the Hll-ov-a ;)
Happy Spring Break!
Trena

Amy said...

Lucy, I am Melissa Miller's Illinois friend. I have been reading your blog this afternoon with tears of JOY over your newest addition to your family. My tears of JOY are mixed with tears of excitement for our own little 6 year old princess waiting for us in China. We also have a 3 year old that we adopted in May of '08. Your Alaina and our Haddie are just 10 days apart in age and we have another little daughter from China that we adopted in May of last year. She will be 3 in a couple of weeks. I would love to chat some more. amymarnold@comcast.net I look forward to hearing from you!
So blessed by your story!!
Amy

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

I'm so delayed, getting caught up with your blog, I'm sorry. Good to see the progress with Alaina! Your girls in while look beautiful. Let's get together (Friday?) soon.

Stacy said...

Hey Lucy....I love all the pictures! Alaina finally realized how good chips and salsa are - yeah! I love the little dress that Ally has on in the picture - I bet you made it??? Hope you guys are enjoying your spring break.