Thanks to my buddy Donna, we may have a way to get some pics of Alaina and (best of all) get some pictures of us to her! Donna told me today that a mutual friend, Susan, is travelling to China in Oct and Kunming is one of her stops. She is also going to Xian (Ally's town!). She is going as a team with an organization called STARFISH (helps critical needs orphans) to do some building. Susan offered to try to FIND ALAINA and see if she could meet her Foster Parents and take pictures. I'm just beyond excited. I am going to put a little photo book together for her to give her (just a few pics of us and our house). It seems like a bit of a long shot for this to actually happen, but it's the best chance I think we have! Alaina's province doesn't seem to be too forthcoming with updates and info, so I would be thrilled if Susan and Dan (her hubby) can actually SEE her and TOUCH her and tell me she is OK!!! Makes me cry! Say a prayer for our little miracle!
NOTE: I just found the link to the STARFISH site (click on it above). It was started by one woman named AMANDA. She sounds simply amazing. She began her own orphanage/foster care house in Xian (Ally's town). I hope so much that she and Susan will have success in Alaina's town....
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
i will be praying for you all! i hope we all can see some photos of your daughter soon and soon after that see her actually in your arms and not just your heart!
You know for sure we are praying this will all work out for them to get a book there and to take pics also!!! God can make it happen!!!
Oh my goodness! That is wonderful!!! I will pray she can do it!!!!!!!!!! I know what those photos are worth!!!
Hugs Girl that is the best news!!!
Lucy,
We are your neighbors to the west...were in Alabama! It is great to know that there is another Yunnan baby not too terribly far away!
Becky
God bless them! What wonderful news. We will pray hard for this. :) Frannie
That is awesome.. how exciting.. we'll be praying they make it to her!!
That is the most awesome news! I can't wait to hear how it all works out! Amanda at Starfish is absolutely amazing. She is part of the team that orchestrated the surgery for a very special little girl who stole my heart almost two years ago. She kept me updated on her progress and took care of her during her recovery even though she was never part of Amanda's foster home. She truly is an angel.
Stop by, I just posted a pic of Ally eating broccoli, just to show that it really happened. :-)
Sheryl
Post a Comment