Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alaina tells us more...

More about her life in China. Here are a few things:

She had a yellow dog - he was bigger than Dash. She apparently had another dog that got sick and died - she cried.

She thinks her China Grandpa (that is what she calls her foster father) is older than Daddy, but not as old as Mema. Same for her China Mommy (or Grandma). He had short hair and cut it with a buzz cutter that sounded like an airplane. Also, he cut her hair with it. They told her she could have long hair when she turned 6.

She said that her China Brother was 7. And that she had a China sister that was older, but she isn't sure if she is older than Sara. She was not married. (We don't know if these were also foster children or if either was her foster parents/grandparents bio kids.)

Her house was big, but not as big as our house now. She said it was 4 buildings with an open area like a garden in the middle. She said she could ride her bike inside, but I think she means inside the garden area. Sounds like she is describing the hu-tongs we saw in Beijing. She slept with her China Mommy. China Daddy slept in his own bed.

She liked a TV show with a very smart boy that had no hair.

They had to ride a bus or train (not sure) to get into Kunming. She told me she lived in XXXXX (I'll ask her again and try to spell it as best as I can). It was never cold there, but only warm or hot, maybe cool some days if it rained, but never cold. She never needed a big coat and never saw any snow.

She did not know Ally when she lived in China. (isn't that cute?) She continues to ask why we got Ally before we got her. She said she had to stay in China a long time before we came to get her. She smiles when I say that we went to China just to get her!

I asked her what her China Mommy and Grandpa (yeh-yeh) would think about her now and she said they would tell her to cut her hair and they would not call her Alaina. I'm so glad she is telling us so much. I HAVE to get her to draw a picture of her China family and their home! I think she is ready to do that now. I don't want to forget any of it!!!

7 comments:

Beth and Ryan said...

That is so wonderful that she can tell you about her time in China. I love the picture drawing idea.

Donna said...

THat is so neat that she can tell you that. Another great perk for older child adoption!

Looking forward to Saturday!

Scott and Joan said...

I love her stories!! What a wonderful gift!

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Keep writing it down! Don't forget any of that. What a blessing. Can't wait for the party!

Jodi said...

So cool that she has these memories.
Jorja's only memories that she tells is what happened, what she had since she has been in our arms.
As we have been back to school shopping she started naming off all the toys that we had in her backpack for her. It's too cute to hear her name them off.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What great things to write down for her! I know you love hearing them all. Can't wait to hear more!!! Happy first day of school!!!
Blessings!

htownjenny said...

How great for you to hear all this. She sounds like such a sweetheart.

Glad to have a chance to catch up over here, I hope she is feeling OK now!