I vividly remember one specific event 4 years ago. Sara and Lauren had gone to bed, leaving Doug and me alone in the family room. Our conversation went something like this:
Doug said, "So, if I told you I was ready to do this (adoption), are you saying that you are 100%?" That is about all I remember, because at that moment I could hardly breathe, much less think. I was not 100% because I had not allowed myself to "go there" totally. Obviously, it didn't take long for me to be totally on board with the idea, since it had been in my heart for several years already....
Meanwhile, a little girl was born that same exact day in Xianyang, China. We had no idea when we made the decision to adopt, that our little Ally (aka Qin Rui Yun) was born! Throughout the entire waiting process, I always wondered if she had been born yet. To me, this is one of my very favorite parts of "Ally's story".
So, today is Ally's birthday. It is also the day she was born in our hearts! Happy Birthday Ally!
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Happy Birthday sweet Ally.
Happy birthday from the Netherlands Ally!
Now that I have finished wiping away the tears of joy and amazement at God's timing, congratulations on your blessing....and Happy Birthday Ally!
How very cool! The Lords timing is so perfect!
I never knew that awesome story!!
Happy Birthday to Ally!
I remember having stomach and back pains the end of September 2005 - a month after we decided to enter the adoption journey - never felt the "pains" again - and when we found Jailyn and found out her birthday is Sept 30th 2005 - I knew she was ours!
Love y'all!
Lucy: So good to see this beautiful girl at her party. Does Ella Kate's Mom have a blog? I wanted to write to her, but the blog is gone? If you don't mind passing along this message -- I haven't been able to stop thinking about our conversation. I hope I wasn't presumptuous in telling you what I thought about going special needs! Your Ella Kate is beautiful. I will keep your family and your child-to-be in my prayers :) Ellen
Happy Belated Birthday Ally! What a wonderful story. Briana's 3rd birthday was August 5! August is a great month! :)
Happy Birthday Ally!
Post a Comment