Sara and Doug (she is going to his HS - that makes a few things easier) left at 6:20 AM.
I took Ally at 7:45 AM for her 8 AM drop off at Pre-K. Alaina rode with us. We were a bit early, so I dropped back by the house (I had forgotten my purse). In the mean time, Lauren had gotten ready and got in the car with us. Still early, we got gas then drove to the elem school and dropped Alaina. That was at 8:20.
Then came back home to get L's stuff and I dropped her at 8:55 at her new MS. Then I went to work! WHEW! What ever happened to the old "Leave it to Beaver" days of sending all of the kids out the door at 8AM to walk down the sidewalk to school together? I guess Ward and June didn't live in Gwinnett County!
Reactions:
Ally "I ate beans for lunch". We didn't get much more, but she said she did not fall asleep at rest time; they went outside but didn't play on the playground and came in to get water; she used the potty and there is a boy named Diego in her class!
Alaina "I had a sweaty head on the bus. I forgot my card to buy my chocolate milk and it took a long time."
Lauren - Had good friends in every class and lunch (this is a big deal after last year!) No classes with best friend, but is OK with that (they see each other all the time). She got band and PE and likes all of her teachers!
Sara - Good (new) fiends in each class, too. Learning that using time wisely is easier said than done. She had to go to work (lifeguarding) after school for 4 hours tonight. Let's just say that I will be sharpening/refreshing my geometry skills this year!



8 comments:
How fun! I hope everyone's second day goes well too!
So I thought I had it rough trying to get two kids out the door at the same time, each with a different set of "go-withs"! How dare I ever complain again! You continue to amaze and inspire me, Lucy! Your girls are truly blessed to call you their mom.
Impressive all 4 off without any drama or trauma-HA! Did you ever think you would have 4 kids all at different schools?!?!
What a great day! So proud of you all for getting four to different schools. We only had three at one time but by then one was driving. Sure hope the week continues to be happy and I know everyone will be so happy for Sat morning!!! Loved seeing you all the other day!
Oh I will have 3 at 3 different schools.....ugh...is there a support group for us?? LOL...
I loved reading the 1st day comments!!!
Hope the rest of your week has gone "swimmingly"!
At least they can jump in the pool this weekend!
Thanks for the updates! That is great, all is well!
hey - i can help with the geometry stuff too! come see me when you are at AHS!
Post a Comment