I was emailing one of our travel mates and telling her how I have been neglecting the blog since coming home! After blogging many long entries daily as we travel, I guess I needed a little break!
In that time I have been having fun on Facebook. It's amazing how many "old" friends I have found from HS and College! Fun to see where everyone is these days.
Life continues to click along. I found some Melatonin spray that is helping Ally get her sleep schedule back in order! Cool - she finally slept all night in her own room last night and even went to bed nicely! It's been since before Christmas that both of those have happened on the same night. Hope this doesn't jinx it!
The girls spent a lot of time outside this weekend. The new favorite activity is the trampoline. A and A just LOVE to jump with the big girls. It's so nice to hear the laughter! I need to get some video of them!
We went, for the first time since coming home from China, to a Chinese restaurant. It's our favorite little place near our house, Lin's Bistro, and all the ladies know us (and Ally) there. Our waitress immediately started talking to Alaina. I'm not sure if it really upset Alaina, but she hid her face and wouldn't talk to her at all. I'm thinking that she may feel it draws unwanted attention her way if she speaks Chinese in public now. But a funny thing happened in the bathroom (sounds like a movie or something!). Lauren took A and A to the bathroom and were in there for a long time. I went to check and heard the laughter as I went down the hall. I opened the door and Ally was spinning around dancing, while Alaina and Lauren were looking at one of Lauren's shoes, soaking wet on the floor. Lauren looked at me and laughed. Of course, I asked. She was dancing and kicking around with A and A and accidentally kicked her shoe into the potty. Alaina began laughing and upon returning to the table, she told the waitress what happened with Lauren's shoe! I was just so happy that she was talking to them (yes, in Chinese)! Not sure if they got the whole story, but anyway!
I will get some pics up! Ally had Pajama day at school on Friday and was very excited!!!
Saying a prayer for my friend Tracy R who begins chemo tomorrow for breast cancer - she is (I'm sure) younger than I am....
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Sounds like a break through. Did you ask what she told them? I emailed Elizabeth and haven't heard back from her about the school she teaches at and her contacting you.
Melatonin is a wonderful thing!
It took me a minute to figure things out, but I saw your picture on facebook and have now made the connection. Sounds like your life is walking through an adventure these days.
Beautiful kids. Beautiful parents. God's blessings on you and Doug as you navigate through this season of parenting and otherwise. I'm the mother of 4 (one in college, one a senior and an 8 & 6 year old). I feel as if I've been doing this ever since college. Well, I have.
Thanks for finding me. I look forward to tracking your movement in the days ahead.
peace~elaine
I totally understand the blog neglect thing. Anytime, I am overwhelmed with life in general...it is the first thing to go. I loved the update though.
As you know, I'm a firm believer in blog neglect. ;) Yeah for Lin's! That's where I'm headed for my Valentine's dinner. And next weekend when my mom's here. And to celebrate referral. We haven't been for months, so we've got to make up for lost time. I think I need to learn more about melatonin before we travel. Sounds like good stuff!
Lucy, What a beautiful family you have! I am glad Alaina is adjusting so well!
Betsy
Post a Comment