Friday, February 20, 2009

Father/Daughter Dance



(written by Daddy) Tonight was Alaina's first Father/Daughter dance at Freeman's Mill Elementary School. It was so much fun seeing her eyes light up. She really had a great time. I think we danced just about every song for 2 hours. She participated in the Hokie Pokie, Chicken Dance, Electric Slide, Macarena, and the Cha-Cha Slide. She loved watching the lights, balloons, decorations etc. She even saw her teacher, Ms. Conoley, there!


I have been to a lot of these dances as Sara was the first class of kindergarten students at FM. So I started going to these dances 9 years ago. Lucy said she remembered the first dance. I drove over to the elementary school in jeans and a nice shirt. When we arrived, I saw dads and girls getting out of limos and quickly headed home to change our clothes. So if Lucy's calculations are correct, I have 7 more years of Father/Daughter dances.

Last year was Lauren's last Father/Daughter Dance and it was quite a different experience. I basically got there and was stood up for the remainder of the night. She came and got me about 2 times to dance. I think one of those times, she walked away with her friends!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a great pic of alaina! she looks so sassy! i love it!

Stacy said...

Hi Lucy......what a beautiful picture of Alaina and Doug :). I hope you guys are doing well. It sounds like the girls are getting along pretty well :).

Take care,
Stacy

Scott and Joan said...

so sweet! Alaina sure loooks as "girly-girl" as one can get!

Donna said...

What a wonderful picture of you and your girl. You can see the pride and love for her daddy BEAMING out of her! Brought tears to my eyes actually...how sweet you two look together.

Duchess of Lanier said...

How special! She looks so happy and yes very girly indeed! Thanks for sharing the sweetness!

Renate said...

You can see the love there for sure. I can remember those first pictures in the hotel when you were in china. What a difference.

Renate

Sprinkles' and Popsicle's Mom said...

Love that child - dance for two hours - wait until we rock out all night at the family dance club on the ship! She looks precious - what a memorable moment for Dadddy and daughter!

Jodi said...

How sweet!!!
Alaina looks so proud of her daddy!!!

The Hindsman's said...

What a great looking couple! Alaina looks beautiful!