Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nose Bleeds and Allergies

Delightful, right? Makes you want to jump right into this post, I know.

The last 2 nights have brought Alaina into our room in the middle of the night with nose bleeds. This is obviously something she has experienced before, as it doesn't upset her at all. I think it is the dry heat in the house, but not sure. So I have washed sheets a couple of times and pajamas too. Ally even woke up this morning with a little bit of a bloody nose.

I took Ally to the allergist today because this itchy skin has gone on too long. The test they gave her show she is allergic to 2 things - go ahead, take a guess... cats and dogs! Yes, we have one of each! Luckily, her allergy isn't too bad, so the dr said to just avoid close contact and to wash after touching either. I guess I need to vacuum a little more frequently - or should I say WE need to... yes, I'll say that.

A and A enjoyed some dancing time tonight to the only English song that Alaina knows other than Happy Birthday... Beyonce's "Single Ladies" - so funny to hear her sing it and do the "woa woa woa's".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

EllaKate has frequent nose bleeds too. I spoke with ped about it and she told me to take a Q-tip and put a small dab of neosporin in each nostril- moistness the nose passages. She never has one when I remember to do that before bed. Hope that helps.

Sorry about the allergy.

Glad the girls are doing so well together!!!

Blessings,
shay

Stacy said...

I understand your pain...mine have both gotten them too and so I put a humidifier in both of their rooms and that seems to help them. That is so funny about the girls dancing (hey - I like the song too).

Have a great Valentines! :)

Jean said...

Add Katie Sue to the "nosebleed list!" She gives herself a shot of saline in each nostril before bed, and that has all but eliminated the nosebleeds. We just buy the plain salt/water spray marketed for adults. Our pediatrician said to keep Afrin nasal spray on hand in case she ever has one that just won't stop--the Afrin will cause clotting, evidently. But, obviously, check with your pediatrician to see if s/he agrees. After all, I am a doctor, but not THAT kind of doctor! : )
Jean

Jodi said...

Jailyn and Jorja love "Single ladies too"! Too funny!
We found our Jailyn's allerfies are from wheat, sunflower, eggs, dairy, corn syrup, and strawberries, we were thankful she isn't allergic to the dog. :)
Does Ally like to lay on the animals? I can't keep Jailyn off our dog!