Alaina's cardiologist appt was Friday. She did pretty well until about the last 10 minutes of the 40 minute echocardiogram; she got a little whiny and impatient, but who can blame her! The good news is that the doctor (Dr. Dooley with the Sibley Heart Center run by Emory) said that she has no limitations in activity, although there is still a small hole and murmur right where the patch was placed during her surgery in China. He also said that she would not likely need surgery to repair that, but does need to take antibiotics prior to dental cleanings, etc. That should be easy enough. The next appointment is with the dentist, which we are not expecting to be pleasant at all - her teeth are a bit of a mess.
We also returned to the pediatrician on Thursday of last week for her TB skin test to be read. I was honestly quite nervous about this because the dot on her arm was swollen and red - oh boy! I did look on-line, trying to stay calm. We got to the doctor and she suspected it to be a false positive reading, because of a shot she had had in China (similar to a flu shot when you are injected with the virus to build up immunity). The doctor ordered a chest x-ray and she was clear! Yeah - another praise!!!
We spent the day Saturday in Clayton and spent the night at the Tree House (or as Ally calls it, the "little house"). The highlight of the weekend was seeing our friends Jon and Donna from our Conyers days. Donna summed it up best when she told the kids that we all got to be friends at a time in our life when we were 'playing house'. We met about 18 years ago in our Young Married SS Class and they were also our neighbors (with the same house plan!). We had lunch at the Clayton Cafe, went to a bookstore, coffee shop and a park! It was great to catch up with them. We both agreed that it is so nice to have friends that you can jump right back in where we left off...
We all had fun at the cabin too. It was pretty cold and windy, so our smore cookout was during the late afternoon. A and A played Candyland and Diego and flags! It is so nice when we get the time to just run up for a quick weekend!!!
Sunday afternoon my friend Joan and I went to Jackie's shower in Atlanta. I had so much fun at this shower - Jackie is eagerly awaiting her referral for her first daughter from China. She and Eric will hopefully get their good news this week or next. They will be the very first group to ever officially wait 3 years - they will hit the 3 year mark on Tuesday. It's amazing to think how long ago they sent thier dossier. We are so happy for them and excited to see their new daughter!!! I'm working on Jackie to convince her that she needs to go the SN route next time!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Praise to God for Alaina's good bill of health!
So glad, y'all were able to get together with some old friends! There's nothing like that!! :)
Does your friend have a blog? -I'd love to follow her to China... again!
Send our love to the troups!
Yea....glad to hear that her heart is A-OK! I dread the dentist too and I am 30 so I feel her pain :). Did you read Stephanie's blog???? Well, she is going back to CHINA for a little girl....I think that is what 7 or 8? I have a link to her blog on my sidebar! I wonder if her sister (Andrea) will go with her this time. ;)
Stacy
Wow - you've had a lot of doctor's visits lately - so glad they've all been good! God had a plan the whole time :)
So thankful Alaina got two great reports! Dr. Dooley is the dr we took EK to when she had that spell back a while ago. He is so wonderful! And so glad you had such a fun get away. So sorry I missed Jackie's shower- we were away at the beach. I can't wait to hear about her referral. Please let me know if you hear... did you talk to Cathie?
Shay
Post a Comment