Friday, October 24, 2008
Kunming
I ordered a DVD of Alaina's city so that we can learn about it before we go. It's not just a regular DVD, but it features the SWI (Social Welfare Insititute, aka orphanage) where she lived for part of her life. I will be eager to see when it was filmed and if there are any children in the DVD (they may not allow it). I will look for Alaina - hey, you never know, since she's almost 6, she has been there a long time! She is supposedly in FC now. I also ordered one from Ally's orphanage in XianYang. Should be interesting. I also requested a copy of the newspaper where Alaina's "finding ad" was placed. She was actually a few months old when she was "found", unlike Ally who was only 1 day old. It looks more and more like a Christmas celebration for our family will not happen in China. I'm bummed, but it doesn't change anything. The timing could be really challenging - at least the direction it's going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I bet that video will be really interestsing and emotional
Wow, how did you find these DVD's? Your blog is just beautiful. I'm trying to read and see your family history. You waiting to bring home a 6 year old?
Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
Re: the out of birth-order adoption: it's interesting -- we got some flack from the first agency we considered. (We ultimately chose a different one that was more flexible.) It has worked beautifully for our family. Katya came home April 2007 and I started the blog just a couple months before that, while we were waiting for her. If you want to read her coming home story, skip back to then. I also blogged a lot about our 1st trip on the one year anniversary in Dec. 07.
Best of luck with your upcoming trip. I hope it is soon!
Popping in totally off subject (from Rachael's blog)... I just wanted to say that we have adopted out of birth order also, and I honestly can't understand why it is considered such a big deal. I really don't see it.
Post a Comment