I missed our Now @ 9 update yesterday - it would have been a picture of the girls in the car - boring! Sara finished her lifeguard class and is now officially certified to guard this summer. The rest of us went over to paint a room and hall in our rental house about 30 minutes away. Lauren's job was to "entertain" the little ones and keep them out of the paint - not so easy, but we managed. I'm just glad the house is rented!
We got a LOT of rain this weekend - began on Wed and stopped last night. It felt like it could have snowed today. A and A are drawing pictures of our family. I can hear them in the kitchen discussing the best color for daddy's hair. Alaina is really beginning to talk a lot. It's almost like she is just picking up phrases. SHe will say "May I please eat?", "Stop it, Ally", "Come here Dash", "daddy's hair brown"...
I had to check Alaina out of school a little early on Friday for her to go get her US Passport. Ally was with me, so when Alaina and her teacher came walking to the front, A and A caught sight of each other and squeeled each other's names and went running to each other for a big hug. It was precious. Alaina's teacher gave me the news that "Well, today was the day...". I asked her what she meant and she said, "Today was the day that Alaina finally let Kevin have it! She told him off!" (Kevin in a boy in her class that is quite persistent - in your face kind of kid... you know...). Well, I guess Alaina finally had had enough of Kevin and she slammed her pencil down and said, "Kevin leave me alone!". I was expecting her teacher to tell me she had blessed him out in Chinese, but she said that she said it in English! Funny, I suppose! Ally was just so happy to see Alaina at her school.


S and L are at a formal dance tonight with Daddy - the last of their manners classes. They both looked so pretty dressed up in their white dresses! They weren't too thrilled with the whole idea to begin with, but they have ended up having a pretty good time at each class. I stayed home with A and A and we did 4 egg hunts and read about 10 books. They both had so much fun hunting eggs, but I think they had the most fun when they hid the eggs for me to hunt. They were so excited, they could hardly stand it! Eventually, they just took over and found the eggs for me! I must have been too slow for them!
I just got them into bed about 30 minutes later than usual and it sounds like the Waltons around here -- "good night Mommy", "good night Alaina", "good night Ally". Cute - they really do have fun together.
Ally is going back and forth with her afternoon nap. She is fairly good about napping for Miss Sheryl, but has essentially given it up at home. I think she realized that Alaina doesn't take one, so why should she? A few funny moments have occurred around Ally's lack of napping --
1. She was with Miss Sheryl and Linzi at Costco this past week and fell off the bench asleep while eating pizza. Miss Sheryl said that Ally hit the floor before she could catch her.
2. At home the other afternoon, Ally was sitting (well squatting as she does) on the floor in the kitchen and we noticed some very heavy eyes as she began to sway. She put her hands on the floor (now on all 4's) and slowly went down and was asleep on the kitchen floor.
3. The other night, not quite bedtime, but close, she joined me at the computer and was sitting on the arm of the chair. Slowly she slumped over onto my arm and was asleep - just took her to bed that night!
She isn't quite ready to give up her nap, but she is putting up a pretty good fight. Luckily she isn't TOO grouchy when she doesn't get one!
We got a LOT of rain this weekend - began on Wed and stopped last night. It felt like it could have snowed today. A and A are drawing pictures of our family. I can hear them in the kitchen discussing the best color for daddy's hair. Alaina is really beginning to talk a lot. It's almost like she is just picking up phrases. SHe will say "May I please eat?", "Stop it, Ally", "Come here Dash", "daddy's hair brown"...
I had to check Alaina out of school a little early on Friday for her to go get her US Passport. Ally was with me, so when Alaina and her teacher came walking to the front, A and A caught sight of each other and squeeled each other's names and went running to each other for a big hug. It was precious. Alaina's teacher gave me the news that "Well, today was the day...". I asked her what she meant and she said, "Today was the day that Alaina finally let Kevin have it! She told him off!" (Kevin in a boy in her class that is quite persistent - in your face kind of kid... you know...). Well, I guess Alaina finally had had enough of Kevin and she slammed her pencil down and said, "Kevin leave me alone!". I was expecting her teacher to tell me she had blessed him out in Chinese, but she said that she said it in English! Funny, I suppose! Ally was just so happy to see Alaina at her school.
S and L are at a formal dance tonight with Daddy - the last of their manners classes. They both looked so pretty dressed up in their white dresses! They weren't too thrilled with the whole idea to begin with, but they have ended up having a pretty good time at each class. I stayed home with A and A and we did 4 egg hunts and read about 10 books. They both had so much fun hunting eggs, but I think they had the most fun when they hid the eggs for me to hunt. They were so excited, they could hardly stand it! Eventually, they just took over and found the eggs for me! I must have been too slow for them!
I just got them into bed about 30 minutes later than usual and it sounds like the Waltons around here -- "good night Mommy", "good night Alaina", "good night Ally". Cute - they really do have fun together.
Ally is going back and forth with her afternoon nap. She is fairly good about napping for Miss Sheryl, but has essentially given it up at home. I think she realized that Alaina doesn't take one, so why should she? A few funny moments have occurred around Ally's lack of napping --
1. She was with Miss Sheryl and Linzi at Costco this past week and fell off the bench asleep while eating pizza. Miss Sheryl said that Ally hit the floor before she could catch her.
2. At home the other afternoon, Ally was sitting (well squatting as she does) on the floor in the kitchen and we noticed some very heavy eyes as she began to sway. She put her hands on the floor (now on all 4's) and slowly went down and was asleep on the kitchen floor.
3. The other night, not quite bedtime, but close, she joined me at the computer and was sitting on the arm of the chair. Slowly she slumped over onto my arm and was asleep - just took her to bed that night!
She isn't quite ready to give up her nap, but she is putting up a pretty good fight. Luckily she isn't TOO grouchy when she doesn't get one!



6 comments:
Your girls are just so beautiful!! All four of them!!
Love your update!!!
Catherine is fighting the nap as well! I found her the other day sitting at her little table with her blanket wrapped around her. She had her head down on the table, fast asleep! Thankfully they're pretty limber at that age.
Peter's language has really started to improve too. He's nowhere near as verbal as Alaina, but we making progress. It's amazing how quickly they can pick up a new language.
Loved the pictures the girls drew for you. Does Alaina know something you don't?! Number 5 out there somewhere for you?
Maybe #5???
What a cute post Lucy! I love hearing all the things that the girls say and do....makes me laugh/smile! :) Poor Ally - trying to be a big girl and giving up your nap is such a hard task to do! I pray the day that someone TELLS me that I HAVE to take a nap in the afternoon ~ I will be asleep before they can finish the sentence ;).
Take care........Stacy
What beautful girls. They look so pretty in the white dresses. Boyfriends? LOL
Hello Lucy and Doug and all the girls! Thanks for the support on Garrett, it was good news. I miss all of you and I have been so busy at work and home, that I forgot to say hello to all of you. Is Lauren wearing those pearl earrings from China in that picture? All of your girls look lovely and seem to be doing very well.
We made it down South, but my parents had the flu. Garrett was getting car sick a lot as well. It wasn't as relaxing as we had hoped. Interstate 77 goes through lower VA. We live near Manassas, Va about 40 mile West of Washington DC. If ya'll make it here, ya'll are more than welcomed to spend the night here. We'd love to have you (We have enough beds I think as well). I'll write some more later. It's great to hear from ya'll and say hello to Doug!
Post a Comment