Sunday afternoon we began to see it - and it was HUGE! Snowflakes in Atlanta! YEAH - it doesn't get much more exciting than SNOW! Since it is a rare treat, the girls were going crazy to get out in it, so we climbed up in the attic and rooted around in the basement for the precious few snow clothes we have! The only thing we were really lacking were snow boots. Ally, Sara and Lauren had some rain boots that kept their toes dry, but not too warm. Alaina had to use the ole tennies, but she didn't care one bit! Angels, a snowman, a snow princess, and some trampoline time took up most of Sunday afternoon, along with a few snowballs. Because it had rained all morning, it took a while for the snow to stick. It was still snowing in the evening when the temp began dropping, so we had a good bit o' ice on the roads. You know what that meant - no school on Monday! Sara and Lauren "chanced it" and spent the night at Amelia's house, where they have "good hills" (as opposed to our lame hills)! Lauren didn't make it into any of my pics because she went over to her friends as soon as the snow started - she didn't want to risk being stuck with our lame hills, I guess!
Yesterday, I went shopping for spring clothes for the girls at one of my favorite places -- a local kids' consignment sale! In the mid-afternoon I skipped lunch and shopped for the little girls - they are happy with anything and don't really care that it is second hand. The big girls are a different story! Not only can I NOT select clothes that they like anymore, but I have no idea of sizes. So last night the 3 of us went back to the sale, while daddy played games with A and A. S and L wore cami tank tops and gym shorts under their sweats so they could try things on (no dressing rooms). They each got several pairs of shorts, tank tops and sundresses! They were pretty happy with their selections and I was happy with the prices!



2 comments:
How fun!!! Nothing like the joy of snow! We didn't get any this year - a bit disappointing!
I hear you about buying clothes for teen girls! Whatever I think is cute - Kenzie can't stand. Course, then I look at some outfits - and say to myself, "My mom would have made me wear that." :)
I saw on CBS early show about snow in your area and wonder if you were getting any. That was the day it was 90+ deg here without any rain. My AC has been running since last week in FEB!!!!!!! How great to get some good deals on clothes:)
Debbie T.
Post a Comment