"I saw the face of Jesus
In a little orphan girl.
She was standing in the corner,
On the other side of the world.
And I heard the voice of Jesus
Gently whisper to my heart,
'Didn’t you say you wanted to find Me?
Well here I am.
Here you are.'
'So what now?
What will you do, now that you’ve found Me?
What now?
What will you do with this treasure you’ve found?
I know I may not look like what you expected,
But if you’ll remember,
This is right where I said I would be.
You found Me.
What now?"
- Steven Curtis Chapman
I spent a lot of time in the car today (driving thru the N Ga Mtns for work) and chose to listen to my Ipod for most of the trip. For those of you who don't know, I like to listen to music very LOUD ... AND I love to sing along, LOUD. Fake microphone and all. Now, keep in mind, I spend a lot of time in my car by MYSELF! So, I don't subject anyone to my singing!!! Seriously...
So, I must have listened to SCC sing "What Now"? 20 times (yes, I'm still being serious) just today. I so very much needed to hear this. Just read the words and think of our little Ally or our Alaina, that we don't even know -- who is standing on the other side of the world right now -- or think of your little one... Just try not to cry!
Today brought me to a new place -- a place where I'm ready. Ready to pack up the family once again and take on the challenges of meeting a little 6 year old girl that needs a family. Ready to return to the place of Ally's birth to bring home another daughter. This time will be different, I know. I'm expecting it to be so much harder - on Alaina and all of us. Not that I'm pessimistic, just realistic. She is old enough to understand and be sad and scared. Hopefully, she will understand the good parts, too. Today was a good day!
My guess is that this is the verse that inspired this song (I tried to search for SCC's inspiration, but came up short)...
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Thank you for helping us all focus on the amazing blessings we all have if we just slow down and gaze!!!
Great post today, I really enjoyed it. Now let's go get our girls!
You are so right that this time will be different. Your six year old will grieve so much different than your toddler did. But, having been there last year, and now 9 months later, I can tell you it is ALL worth it!!!
Our son told us that what he likes most about being here is "having a family"!!!
Go get that sweet angel!!
Post a Comment