Friday, August 29, 2008

Football (actually Band!) Season



Tonight was the big game -- Mill Creek (Sara's school) vs. Dacula (Daddy's school) -- and since this is also their first "band rivalry" -- Sara in one band, Daddy directing the other band -- we had an exciting night! The kids at Dacula planned a "white out", so the MC kids followed suite with a "red out". That made the crowds quite distinct; a fun thing to do. I wish I had gotten a picture of Sara in her full band uniform, but by the 3rd quarter break, she was down to the bibs! It was fun seeing her and her friends so excited about being in the half-time show! Ally has still been very confused about Sara going to one HS and Daddy going to another -- and both of them being at band practice, but not together!

The crowd was HUGE -- we arrived just in time to see the half time shows, as Lauren's soccer practice ran late. We had to squeeze our car into a non-parking space at the nearby elementary school and walk to the high school. There were cars everywhere, even on the sides of the main road. I guess when you take 2 big high schools (one with 4000+ kids and the other with 2500+ kids) that are "neighbors" and have them kick off the season, you will have a crowd! We could hardly get thru the sea of kids hanging out behind the fields. Needless to say, after half-time, we were gone! I don't think we even saw a single play! Like my title said, "It's band season" -- at least for our family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!!! How fun! EllaKate LOVES the band at the games! I know both bands did well. So happy about your I797 too!!! Got your email about the Chinese school. Could I bring EK if we could work it out or is it only for Gwinnett??? Shay