Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Special Thanks

I'm not sure how long my friend Renate has been reading my blog, but a few months ago, she did something that, to me, is such an amazing thing. You see, I have only actually talked to (in person) Renate twice, I think. She works in Texas with my company. Ally's story seemed to really touch her, and she was inspired to sponsor a little girl who lives in an orphanage in China through Love without Boundaries. This just totally warmed my heart when she told me! Thank you, Renate - you may never know how much your generousity will change the future of this little girl, as well as others!

Here is, I'm sure, an incredible blog. Lea and I met each other when Sara was a baby thru some mutual friends. I just happened to stumble onto her blog today (thru one of those mutual friends). And what do you know? Her post today was a tribute to her adoptive mom! Go(o)d timing, huh? I think so. She is posting one tribute each day for the next 40 days, so check in. Read the post for today, Aug 26...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a shock when I saw my name on your blog Lucy. Nose running, tears dropping on the keyboard. We were emailing work stuff and you told me you were on your way to China. I think you were at the airport. I asked you to send me a picture and you sent the link to your blog. Been reading it ever since. I have read many since then. So many wonderful people out there. Its me that thanks all of you. Lily, the baby girl I sponser is now in foster care and doing well. She will or may be up for adoption soon. She is such a cute little thing. Thank you for sharing your story with me.

Renate

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo! i made the blog too, not in a really sweet way like renate... but then again, i am most likely not as sweet as she is! i think it was such God's timing that you found me just as i was writing about being adopted!

Anonymous said...

Lea, I am sure you are every bit as sweet as I am! LOL I am truly honored to be able to help a child in need.

Renate