One more step -- we are going to pick up our notorized Home Study tomorrow AM at HOPE! Yeah. It took much longer than I expected, but it's done. With out PA now here, we are officially "on the clock" to get everything done. China is giving the kids on Alaina's WC list 3 months to complete paperwork once the PA arrives. We have another deadline as well -- our dossier has to be in China by late July because that is when our fingerprints expire. Yes, we will have to get them done (under the new 800A requirements), but these existing ones will get us in for now! We also need our new HS to be Hague compliant - which requires a certificate. That will hopefully come in the next week or so...
I'm also told that I can soon post Alaina's picture! So, stay tuned to see her cute little smile in the top circle!!!! I can't send a package yet, but that will come soon. From what I have heard from the Yahoo group for her province, the director of the orphanage that runs the foster care system does not share the care packages with the children until a day or so before the parents arrive. I do hate to hear that, because it also sounds like they do not prepare the children for adoption or their new families. With Alaina being almost 6 by the time we travel, she is old enough to understand at least a little of what is going to happen to her. I just wish they would talk to her about it. I hate it that she is going to likely be blind-sided by us -- and we certainly can't explain anything to her!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We brought home our son at 6.5 yrs old this past November. At almost 7 months home is language skills are AWESOME! That now allows us to find out more things that he DOESN'T know!
My prayers are with your sweet daughter! I know you must just be so excited to bring her home!
Post a Comment