Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Good News!

I spent a good while on the phone with our "new" agency today. The rep called me quite worried about our "status". She (fortunately) didn't realize that many of the things I had sent a few weeks ago was already filed. SO, we had to send only one thing via scan/email. She is (I think) ready to send out LOI on Friday! Also (even bigger and better news), we have a form (797) that has not yet expired from Ally's adoption that we can use to go ahead and get out dossier to China! We will still have to wait for another NEW form (800A), but at least this will allow us to go ahead and become DTC/LID. Needless to say, after our conversation, she was really excited!

For those of you who are not versed in the international adoption (IA) lingo. I'll try to post a list to the left under "Timeline"! Maybe that will help.

So, in summary, we had originally thought we would be another 3-4 months until we were DTC, but it is looking like we will be DTC (possibly) in July. So, what does that all mean, you ask? It means that after that we could be looking at a 6 month wait to go to China again for Alaina! THAT is amazing and quite a lot to take in!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome news!!! I cannot believe how quickly it is moving and that you will again have another one to chase around the house! It's wonderful!! Can't wait!

Donna said...

WOW! Sounds like a lot of new stuff you figured out. I would love to pick your brain about it all. Call me when you get a few minutes. Congrats!

Carol said...

Wonderful!!! Can't wait!!!

cheepette8 said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Beth and Ryan said...

Congratulations! That is sooo exciting! I can't wait to follow you along in the process...