Monday, June 2, 2008

Ally-isms

Ally is learning so many new words and makes us laugh daily! We are amazed with how she is learning. Here are a few of our favs:

"ME??" - we will make a comment like, "Ally, we are going to the beach next week!" and she will point to herself and say "ME?" in a really high pitched voice. It's so cute! She does it ALL the time now. Just tonight I said, "Mommy's going to put lotion all over Ally" and she replied "ME???".


"No T-T Elmo"
- Ally is potty training and she has several pairs of Elmo panties. We will say, "Don't TT on Elmo" and she will say "Ally no TT Elmo". She is doing really well, but a few weeks ago, when we were just getting started, she took off her panties and TT'd on the floor. She looked right at me, with her Elmo panties in hand, and said, "Ally no TT Elmo". I guess she was right! Now she gets an M&M for going potty; and she gets 2 if she can name the color of the M&M! She says "nim a nim". She even asks Lauren for "5 nim a nims".

She sings along with the blessing at dinner, closing her eyes and saying "la-la-la-la" all the way through the prayer.

"Yesh" - for "yes" - which is better than what she used to say, "way" for yes

"I do not want" - need I say more?

3 comments:

sheryl said...

Oh I loved it when she said "way" for yes! Too, too cute. Even Linzi started saying "way" when Ally was around. It is so fun watching her start to communicate and see the little person she is becoming! I miss her and can't wait to see her Friday.

Hugs,
Sheryl

Unknown said...

Ally-isms is my favorite part of your blog.. I need weekly Ally-isms. They make us laugh and smile! She is just adorable and we're so happy for you all.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!! You need to get Elmo floor covering to keep the floor dry. :)