Friday, May 23, 2008
How Fragile a Moment Is...
I cannot believe that today's "Oprah" is featuring how to heal after a tragic accident. They are featuring a grandma that accidentally ran over her grandson with her SUV. How timely, considering what happened yesterday. The doctor that was on the show, said that we all do things in the car without thinking -- cell phones, radio, texting, eating, breaking up fights in the back seat, looking at directions, etc. that could so easily turn tragic. I am going to make an effort to be more careful. She also said that forgiving yourself is essentially never possible in a situation like that. God will forgive and other people will forgive, but I don't think I could EVER get past this. Please pray for Will Chapman. My heart goes out to him so very much as he begins to deal with this tragedy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I have certainly been praying for them! I keep thinking how terrible it has to be to grieve for one child gone and help another deal with what happened... Only God... these are the times I am more thankful than ever that I am a believer and know precious Maria was immediately in her Father's arms!!! Still we are left with the pain. What a great show Oprah did. My mom has had a really hard time with this because she totally identifies with Mary Beth- they have both lost children. My mom really still struggles... Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!!!
This is truly a heartbreaking tragedy. I feel so deeply sorrowful. That grandmother on Oprah was right -- everyone else will forgive him long before he forgives himself. That poor child. I pray he feels at peace soon.
Oh I did not hear this........how awful!
Post a Comment