Thankfully, she is not in the province where the earthquake hit yesterday, but she is in a neighboring province. In fact, Ally's province of Shaanxi is just above the center of the quake. Alaina's is south of the center. If you want to try to figure that out, that is fine!
Thank you so much for the emails and comments. It means so much to us to have such supportive friends and family. I go from feeling excited to nervous to down-right scared. From what I gather, from other families, this is fairly normal.
We enjoyed our Mother's Day at my mom's house. She wasn't feeling very well, so we did some "work" for her - outside cleaning, etc. Beautiful weather. Here is a picture of Ally reading books with Mema. Ally likes to point to my mom's white hair!

So, on this Mother's Day (one day late) we are thankful for another mom that made the difficult decision to give her little girl a life. It happened on a January day/night in 2003 when Alaina was born. From her info, there is no note or anything.



3 comments:
WOW! Congratulations! I am thrilled for you all and I can't wait to follow along on your journey! I would love to adopt again...not right this minute but in the future! I am so excited for you guys!
Beth Drafts
Love the name. Glad to hear that the earthquake did not affect her current home. Praying for her (and you) daily. Take care.
I love her name and can't wait to see her when you are allowed!!! LOVE YOUR NEW LOOK! It is so cute. I am so excited for you!!! We are coming up on 1 year LID- boy how time has flown. Loved seeing Ally today when we met Sheryl for lunch. What a sweetie!!!
Post a Comment