A few weeks ago, Ally was complaining of a tooth ache when she got home from school. That was a Thursday afternoon. I called the dentist and got the machine. Left a message. The dentist called me back and had reviewed Ally's file. Turns out she had already gotten a filling in that tooth, she (the dentist) was afraid she may have an abcess. So we went in on Friday (4 weeks ago) and she had to pull the tooth. She said at the time, that the other front tooth was questionable and to just watch it. Well, last night, Ally told us that she had a 'bubble' on her tooth. I looked above her teeth and her gums were swollen and red. Bad. She said it didn't hurt. So we went back to the dentist today and the other tooth also had to go. She will be snaggle toothed for a LONG time by the looks of those long roots. I, personally, think it's adorable to see a snaggle-tooth kiddo! I told her that her smile was cute. She does NOT like it when people call her cute, so she isn't happy about that part, but she is happy that the tooth fairy will once again make an earlier-than-expected visit to her room tonight.
I sorta feel like a loser-mom. I don't know if I'm not helping her brush her teeth well enough. Also, I feel bad that the 'bubble' had swollen so big and I didn't even know it. Sigh
So, we went on a great cruise over Thanksgiving break. It was the first time we had the WHOLE week off, so we made the best of it! Had a great time!
Christmas is just around the corner and we've done lots of fun holiday stuff. We visited the Pink Pig, enjoyed our traditional Christmas-season-kick-off meal at the Cheesecake Factory and drove thru a holiday light display. Also, we have attended and hosted a few ornament swap parties! We have even seen a few snow flurries! And eaten many Christmas treats. Of course...
Pics to come soon -- maybe!
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
poor Ally! Jailyn had a check up last week and will be spending Tuesday in the Dental chair - for a long time! 3 cavities - I'm a horrible mommy too! Hope she is feeling better soon! And what "tough girl" smile! Nothing "cute" about her! :) Tee! Hee! at least that's what we'll tell Ally! :)
Poor Ally - once she totally converts to a Ga Bulldog, these bad things will stop happening in her mouth! I need to make you a CD of all the pics I've taken since we got home from vacation. I'll put that on my to-do list for next week.
Lucy, you are the best Mom ever, don't even kid about that. With no obvious signs or complaints, how should you have known? Your crystal ball? Poor Ally, but I'm sure your dental care could never be to blame! Thanks again for the fun party. Merry Christmas!!!!
Post a Comment