I was told I was being scolded by the blog police.
For being a lousy blogger. I was told that my monthly posts were slowly becoming semi-annual posts. You get the picture, right? And she was right. I'm lousy.
Thanks for the wake-up call, Randi. You are right. I'm acknowledging this, but not making any promises!
So, the news that I neglected to share is that Sara is now a licensed driver! She pitched in a big chunk of change from her lifeguarding gig and bought a little car (with a little help from good ole mom and dad). It's a 2001 Beetle and it is so cute! Don't you think?
She has enjoyed driving to her pool for a few last days of work, to Sonic with the little girls, and to "dinner" at Moe's with her friend Audrey. She even took Lauren to soccer yesterday! I thought I'd be a nervous wreck (guess that is not the best word to mention), but it's actually been nice!
So, Randi, does that help? A little?
One more thing.
And this one is a biggie.
At least to me...
I used to teach high school math. A LONG time ago. I was also the yearbook adviser. I really loved (most) of the kids I taught, and got to know many my yearbook kids pretty well. One of them, Caroline, actually attended Asbury (where we went to college in KY), partially because of my talking about it always! So, over the years, and thanks to Facebook, Caroline and I have stayed in touch. This past week she was diagnosed with leukemia. She is only 35'ish. Thankfully she is, otherwise, healthy. She is at Emory and is beginning chemo. It's hard to believe... she's too young for this!



4 comments:
God bless your friend. We will remember her in our prayers.
So sorry for your friend.
Thank you for sharing Sara's good news! :)
Had a great time Saturday - thank you. After all, we only have 2 1/2 months left to be friends.
How nice to have an extra driver!
Hope school is becoming routine for your little miss.
And thoughts for your student friend,
Trena
Will she ever blog again????
Post a Comment